UPDATE: New details released in North Las Vegas road rage shootout

UPDATE SEPT. 25: According to his arrest report, David Rosengrant-Munoz called police to report he was following a vehicle that rear-ended his vehicle and then fled the scene. He was told to stop following the vehicle but police said the suspect continued to follow the other driver.

The dispatcher later heard gunshots and Rosengrant-Munoz told the dispatcher he had been shot in the mouth and also the chest near Revere Street and Dega Drive, just north of Colton Avenue.

When police arrived on scene, they were told another man had jumped over a fence from the shooting scene. Police caught up with him and he admitted to shooting Rosengrant-Munoz but that the other man pointed a gun at him first.

Witnesses to the crash told police the driver who was rear-ended, later identified as Rosengrant-Munoz, got out of the vehicle with a gun in his hand. He walked to the open door of the other driver and began yelling at him. The witnesses took cell phone video that they passed along to police.

The man in the other car told police about the gun as well and said the suspect "began yelling at him, asked him what his problem was and called him stupid" for hitting his car. The man told police he was afraid for his life.

The man then said the suspect walked back to his car before coming back and demanding the other man's phone. When the suspect walked back to his car again, the other man drove away because he was afraid he was going to be shot.

He drove to Revere and Dega, where there is a gated community in which he had family. The suspect then parked behind him. When the other man saw the suspect's gun again, he got out his gun and fired all the bullets at the suspect before running from the scene. The other man did not know if he had hit the suspect. There were two spent cartridge casings in Rosengrant-Munoz's car as well.

Rosengrant-Munoz was booked on charges of aiming a firearm at a human being, assault with a deadly weapon, attempted robbery with a deadly weapon and attempted murder.

UPDATE SEPT. 21: North Las Vegas police said a driver fled the scene of a crash after the other driver pulled out a gun. Eventually, the two drivers shot at each other.

Officers were dispatched to the intersection of Cheyenne Avenue and Martin Luther King Boulevard in regards to a crash between two vehicles, a Honda 4-door sedan and a BMW 2-door coupe. The property damage was minor and no injuries were reported.

The preliminary investigation indicates both vehicles were traveling eastbound on Cheyenne Avenue, approaching Martin Luther King Boulevard, when the driver of the Honda rear-ended the BMW. 

The driver of the BMW, identified as 18-year-old David Rosengrant-Munoz, exited his vehicle and made advances toward the Honda with a firearm in his hand in a threatening manner. It was reported that the 24-year-old driver of the Honda became afraid for his life and fled the crash scene. 

Rosengrant allegedly followed the Honda to the area of Revere Street and Colton Avenue where the two men exited their vehicles and exchanged gunfire. 

Rosengrant was struck multiple times and was later transported to University Medical Center with non-life threatening injuries. The 24-year-old driver of the Honda was not injured.

Rosengrant was later booked at the Clark County Detention Center for assault with a deadly weapon, attempted robbery with a deadly weapon, and attempted murder with a deadly weapon.  

Anyone with additional information in this case should call the North Las Vegas Police Department at 702-633-9111 or, to remain anonymous, call Crime Stoppers at 702-385-5555.


NORTH LAS VEGAS (KTNV) -- One man was hospitalized after a shooting that stemmed from apparent road rage in North Las Vegas Wednesday afternoon.

North Las Vegas police received calls about a crash around 1:50 p.m. near Cheyenne Avenue and Martin Luther King Boulevard. Before officers arrived, they were advised that one driver had fled the scene of the crash and the other vehicle had followed to Revere Street and Colton Avenue, a few blocks away.

At that location, police said both adult male drivers got out of their vehicles and exchanged gunfire.

One man was shot multiple times in the upper extremities. He was hospitalized with non-life threatening injuries and is in stable condition.

The other man has been detained.

This is a developing story. Check back to 13 Action News for updates.

Print this article Back to Top