LAS VEGAS (KTNV) — Following Nevada Gov. Steve Sisolak’s recent announcement of Phase 2 of the state’s “Road to Recovery” plan, Wet’n’Wild Las Vegas plans to open for its 2020 summer season on June 22.
“We’re excited to finally be able to open the park, while doing all we can to ensure the health, safety and enjoyment of our guests and employees,” said Justin LuCore, Wet’n’Wild Las Vegas general manager. “We’ve implemented numerous additional safety measures and are following all public health guidelines, including those outlined in the governor’s reopening plan.”
Wet’n’Wild Las Vegas is monitoring and following the latest coronavirus public health guidelines and recommendations, including those from the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention. CDC has issued a statement clarifying that “there is no evidence that COVID-19 can be spread to humans through the use of pools and hot tubs. Proper operation, maintenance, and disinfection (e.g., with chlorine and bromine) of pools and hot tubs should remove or inactivate the virus that causes COVID-19.”
Additional safety measures include:
- Temperature checks for all guests and employees upon entry. Employees or guests with temperatures above 100.4 degrees will not be permitted to enter the park.
- Face masks and gloves will be worn by all applicable employees.
- Attendance will be limited to 50% of the normal capacity to encourage social distancing.
- Social distancing markers will be placed at all applicable areas, including ticketing windows, park entry, ride and restaurant queue lines to maintain at least 6 feet of separation between guests and staff members.
- Rides with tubes holding more than one person will be loaded only with guests from the same group or family.
- All sunscreen, soap and sanitizer dispensers will be touchless. And touchless sanitizer dispensers will be placed at the beginning and end of each ride, as well as throughout the park in key areas.
- The sanitation crew will be assigned designated routes and routines to ensure all frequent contact points are sanitized frequently and routinely.
- Lifejackets and slide tube and raft touch points will be disinfected after each ride.
Las Vegas’ favorite water park is celebrating its eighth season and is extending its preseason reduced pricing of its season pass prices throughout the 2020 season, including $49.99 Silver, $69.99 Gold and $99.99 VIP options.In addition to the single-day (friend and family) tickets that are included with season passes, four additional single-day tickets will be added to all season pass benefits for a bonus value of $159.96 for every passholder.
Gold and VIP pass holders will be able to enter the park 30 minutes before it opens to the general public every day the park operates in 2020. That is an added benefit from the 2019 season, when those packages offered six such days of early entry.
VIP pass holders will receive Xpress band access on every visit.
“We wanted a VIP pass to really live up to the term VIP,” LuCore said. “While there is a refundable deposit to ensure the band is returned, this free perk is now available to VIP passholders on every visit, allowing guests to wait in line virtually.”
For more information on season passes, visit www.wetnwildlasvegas.com.
Wet’n’Wild Las Vegas is located at 7055 S. Fort Apache Road, near the 215 Beltway and Sunset Road.