UPDATE 1 P.M.: In an effort to relieve pressure on Las Vegas valley hospitals, Clark County says it is providing 150 new isolation beds for people who need to be isolated during the pandemic, with more on the way.
As of Thursday, the county says it has entered into the following contracts aimed at easing pressure on hospitals:
- Well Care Services, 114 beds for people who need to be in isolation and under the care of medical professionals.
- CrossRoads of Southern Nevada, 39 beds for people who need to be in isolation and under the care of medical professionals.
- The Salvation Army, 32 beds for individuals who are over 65 and have underlying medical issues.
In addition, the Southern Nevada Health District will have a 40-bed isolation facility, and the Cashman Isolation-Quarantine Complex (Cashman ISO-Q), which will provide around-the-clock care for hundreds of homeless individuals who need to be in isolation or quarantine, is expected to open soon.
HIRING: City of Las Vegas seeks workers for temporary isolation shelter to help homeless
LAS VEGAS (KTNV) -- LAS VEGAS (KTNV) -- Clark County and other Southern Nevada officials will provide the community an update on the latest efforts responding to the coronavirus pandemic Thursday morning.
A news conference is scheduled for 11 a.m. You can watch a livestream of that here once it begins, and the full press conference once it's over.
13 Action News Reporter Jeremy Chen is at the meeting and live-tweeting from the even. Follow him on Twitter at @JeremyChenKTNV.
Speaking from the Commission Chambers of the Clark County Government Center in downtown Las Vegas, the following speakers will provide an update:
- Clark County Commission Chairman Marilyn Kirkpatrick
- North Las Vegas Mayor John Lee
- Boulder City Mayor Kiernan McManus
- Clark County Fire Chief John Steinbeck (who oversees the County’s Office of Emergency Management and the Multi-agency Coordination Center)
- University Medical Center CEO Mason VanHouweling
- Southern Nevada Health District Chief Health Officer Dr. Fermin Leguen
- Clark County Assistant County Manager Kevin Schiller
STAY UP TO DATE: Continuing coverage of the coronavirus pandemic
Clark County Government Center is located at 500 S. Grand Central Parkway.