LAS VEGAS (KTNV) — A new study from Wallet Hub shows just how much the pandemic puts Nevada's economy at risk.
To identify which states are most vulnerable economically, WalletHub compared the 50 states and the District of Columbia across 10 metrics.
The data set ranges from the share of employment by small businesses to the share of a state’s GDP coming from highly affected industries and increases in unemployment insurance claims.
STAY UP TO DATE: Continuing coverage of the coronavirus pandemic
Here's what they found for Nevada.
ECONOMIC EXPOSURE TO COVID-19 IN NEVADA (1=Best, 25=Avg.):
- 4th: GDP Generated by High-Risk Industries as Share of Total State GDP
- 5th: Share of Employment from Highly Impacted Industries
- 3rd: Increase in Number of Unemployment Insurance Initial Claims
- 9th: Share of Workers Working from Home
- 30th: Share of Workers with Access to Paid Sick Leave
- 29th: State Rainy Day Funds as Share of State Expenditures
To view the full report and your state’s rank, visit wallethub.com.