Jing Las Vegas located at Downtown Summerlin is reopening its doors on June 26 after voluntarily closing down as a result of multiple positive COVID-19 cases among staff.
The restaurant has taken the necessary precautions to provide peace of mind to their patrons at the time of reopening, including the implementation of new COVID-19 procedures and mandated testing required for all staff. The restaurant has also enlisted a full-time medical consultant to assist with retraining and re-opening procedures, and to help navigate the rapidly evolving COVID-19 pandemic moving forward.
UPDATE: Jing Las Vegas restaurant in Downtown Summerlin hopes to reopen Thursday
“Our main goal is to create a safe environment with zero transmission of the COVID-19 virus,” said Dr. Eugene Shin, Jing’s in-house medical consultant, when asked about the restaurant’s plan to stop the spread. “While this is a lofty goal, it is possible when synergy is achieved between the back of house and front of house teams, along with the cooperation of the restaurant’s patrons.”
Updated COVID-19 procedures at the restaurant include:
- Implementing additional signage to ensure social distancing is practiced
- Spacing out tables and chairs even further
- Requiring masks upon arrival (complimentary, disposable masks provided)
- Requiring a digital temperature check for all staff and patrons upon arrival
- Installing additional hand sanitizer dispensers
- Requiring the entire staff to undergo testing
- Implementing a new “contact tracing” procedure for all staff
- Implementing an additional deep surface cleaning scheduled concurrently with regular daily cleaning
In light of Gov. Sisolak’s recent issuance of a mandated face mask policy in all public places in the state of Nevada, face coverings will be required by both staff and patrons at all times, aside from when guests are seated at their designated table.
Staff members will be allowed to return to work with proof of a negative COVID-19 test result. Any staff that receives a positive test result will be required to undergo a 14-day mandated quarantine period, followed by a negative test result before being allowed to return to work.
Reservations are highly suggested by calling 725-735-7172. The restaurant’s hours of operation are 3:00 p.m. to 2:00 a.m. daily, with daily happy hour offered from 3 to 6 p.m.