LAS VEGAS (KTNV) — Gov. Steve Sisolak joined the weekly Nevada COVID-19 task force call on Wednesday, saying there has been "no significant downtrend" in cases since his call to stay home last week.
The governor says his office continues to consider options for the next steps and says "we'll have to see what happens next week."
"To be blunt," Sisolak said, "our state is surging and continues to surge. I am incredibly concerned about the severity of COVID-19 in our state as demonstrated in increased numbers that have been experienced."
"My administration is currently exploring all mitigation options available to get this under control," he added. "Nevadans should expect to hear from me on our current status of decisions on the next steps very soon."
Gov. Sisolak says his office continues to look at the daily numbers and the trends.
Wednesday, the state reported a 15.6% positivity rate over the last two weeks and a record number of hospitalizations, showing 1,105 confirmed COVID-19 hospitalizations (with another 141 suspected) statewide as of Tuesday.
The Nevada Hospital Association called those numbers the "highest numbers experienced within Nevada to date."
"There is a light at the end of the tunnel as far as I am concerned," Gov. Sisolak said on today's call, and he expressed hope that Nevada can "push through this" until there is a vaccine.
Last week Gov. Sisolak fell short of mandating another statewide shutdown, and instead, he asked Nevadans to stay home as much as possible in what he called "Stay at Home 2.0."