Two Dutch Bros Coffee locations have closed after employees test positive for COVID-19. The locations are at 1780 East Serene Avenue and 2840 East Tropicana Avenue.
Dutch Bros Coffee learned of the positive results on June 20 and immediately closed for deep cleaning.
One employee at the Tropicana Avenue location tested on June 16 and received results on June 20. The employee worked morning shift June 14, day shifts on June 1, 2, 3, and 7, night shifts on June 5 and 6.
One employee who works at the Serene Avenue location took the test on June 17 and received the result on June 20. That person worked morning shifts June 7 and 12, day shift on June 10 and night shift on June 13.
The employees were told to self-isolate for 2 weeks.
Dutch Bros Coffee says it has taken the following steps over the last few weeks:
- Enforced increased hand-washing and sanitizing
- Temporarily suspended the use of personal mugs at our drive-thurs
- Temporarily closed walk-ins and walk-ups to focus exclusively on serving through our drive-thru windows
- Instituted a cashless payment system, eliminating unnecessary touch points between customers and baristas
- Instituted mask policies to align with updated CDC recommendations
Dutch Bros says it is also coordinating with public health officials to confirm its protocols not only meet but exceed, expectations.