The Clark County School District will start Distance Education one week from today on Aug. 24.
The district is looking to make preparing for the new school year as easy as 1-2-3.
Here the steps to get your child enrolled and ready:
- Register your child for school.
- Ensure you have technology/internet access for Distance Education for each child.
- Log in to Canvas- the online Distance Education platform. This online tool will be the primary way teachers communicate with students each day during Distance Education.
Throughout this week CCSD will be sharing information about these three easy steps along with other helpful details to help you and your family reconnect with them via Distance Education.
STEP 1 - Register your child.
Online registration is available online by clicking here. This website provides all the information needed to register your child for a CCSD school including:
- Searching for your child’s zoned school
- Online registration process
- Documents required for registration
If necessary, in-person appointments at a school may be requested if your situation does not allow you to complete online registration. Appointments follow social distancing guidelines. Call your school if you need to make an appointment to register your child.
To provide more information and to answer any questions about registration, CCSD is hosting multiple Facebook “Watch Parties” today to provide a step-by-step video on how to register your child.
- Registration step-by-step video in English watch party times: 10 a.m., 2 p.m., or 6 p.m.
- Registration step-by-step video in Spanish watch party times: 10:30 a.m., 2:30 p.m., or 6:30 p.m.
Additionally, the recorded video will also be available to watch anytime online.