A cooking fire destroyed a home in North Las Vegas on Dec. 30.
The North Las Vegas Fire Department says that it received numerous calls about a fire around 7:15 a.m. at a home in the 500 block of Terrace Point Drive, which is near West Craig Road and Revere Street.
Upon arrival, they discovered heavy smoke and flames coming from the rear of the home. The firefighters immediately went on the offense and was able to extinguish the fire within 7 minutes. The fire took 35 minutes to completely contain and control.
One person who was home at the time was able to escape. However, he sustained non-life threatening injuries and was transported to UMC Trauma.
The house sustained significant smoke and fire damage and is a complete loss. The estimated cost is $250,000. The cause of the fire was determined to be an accidental cooking fire. The American Red Cross will assist the displaced residents.