Local NewsConsumer News


Las Vegas driver gets air conditioner fixed after reaching out to Call For Action

Posted at 9:30 AM, Sep 04, 2018
and last updated 2018-11-21 17:34:59-05

A Las Vegas valley woman pays big money to have her suv fixed. But when she experiences more car trouble, the mechanic refuses to honor the warranty. That's when she reached out to Contact 13's Call For Action. Our volunteers made one call and delivered results.

"I won't go back there," says Roseanna Ardolino.

Ardolino is really upset about her last visit to a local auto shop. It all started last summer when the air conditioner went out in her 2005 Ford Explorer.

"It was blowing hot air, and I brought it in to get it serviced," Ardolino says.

A receipt shows Ardolino ended up paying $800 for an all-new air conditioner. But this summer, it went out again.

"I was driving to work and all of a sudden I heard a pop, and then my engine started smoking," says Ardolino. 

Knowing the air conditioner was covered by a warranty, Ardolino​​​​​​​ took it back to the same shop. But she says the manager there started arguing  that her receipt didn't include the essential warranty details.

"He lifts it up and goes, see this is not our receipt. The back of our receipt has warranties on it. I go, this is the receipt I got," says Ardolino​​​​​​​.

Refusing to help her and with nowhere else to turn, Ardolino​​​​​​​ reached out to Call For Action. Our volunteers made one call to the shop and the manager changed his tune. Minutes later, Ardolino says the shop called her with the good news.

"We found a warranty on it, and we found the receipt, and we'll have it fixed for you. We'll call you as soon as it's done," Ardolino​​​​​​​ says.

Two hours later, Ardolino's air conditioner was working again. Remember, if you have a problem with any auto-related company, call the DMV.

"The DMV regulates just about every aspect of the automotive industry. Everything from car dealers to smog check stations, body shops and garages," says Kevin Malone with the Department of Motor Vehicles. 

You can file a complaint with the DMV's Compliance Enforcement Division.

"We will make sure that the businesses are licensed for starters, and then we make sure that they followed all the proper procedures," Malone says.

As for Ardolino, she's spreading the word about the positive ending to her case.

You can one of our volunteers any weekday between 11 a.m. and 1 p.m. Our hotline number is (702) 368-2255.