LAS VEGAS (KTNV) — A worker at the construction site for Allegiant Stadium, the new home of the Raiders, has tested positive for COVID-19.
Mortenson/McCarthy the construction venture for the stadium released the following statement.
Mortenson/McCarthy was notified today that a worker on the Allegiant Stadium project tested positive for COVID-19. Per the CDC guidelines, and as a result of implementation of social distancing protocols, the worker was not in close contact with any other project worker and has been off site since last week. The individual is now self-isolating for 14 days and will not return to work until cleared to do so.
Mortenson/McCarthy previously implemented stringent cleaning protocols on the project consistent with CDC guidelines. In accordance with those protocols, the area where the worker had been assigned, and the surrounding vicinity, was immediately shut down and sanitized. Work continues in other areas of the project that remain unaffected.
Mortenson/McCarthy has the following preventative policies and procedures in place on the project to minimize the risk of coronavirus:
• Strict Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC) guidance including directing team
members who feel sick or have health-related concerns to stay home
• A verbal health screen of all workers is conducted prior to beginning work on site
• Implementation of social distancing and recommended personal hygiene practices
• Reduced worker concentrations
• Increased sanitation and cleaning throughout the project site including high traffic areas,
which are sanitized multiple times per day. Those areas are further monitored to ensure
appropriate social distancing. Hand wash stations and sanitizers are available throughout the
• Working with customers and trade partners to adjust workflows as necessary
• Implementation of teleconferencing where applicable
• Large group activities were suspended March 16
Our highest priority is the health and safety of our team members, project partners and the community.
We will continue to follow guidance issued by the CDC along with local, state, and federal health
authorities. We will implement further changes or adjustments as needed to help protect the health and
safety of everyone on the project.
Don Webb, chief operating officer of the stadium's construction told 13 Action News "The schedule for the stadium's completion remains intact" despite a worker testing positive for coronavirus.