Local News

Actions

Duplex damaged in northwest Las Vegas fire

KTNV-Default-Image_1280x720.png
Posted at 11:26 PM, Apr 13, 2016
and last updated 2016-04-14 02:26:56-04

Four people were displaced in a fire Wednesday evening in the northwest part of the valley.

Las Vegas firefighters responded to to the 7700 Bauble Ave., near Lake Mead Boulevard and Buffalo Drive, at 7:10 p.m. Wednesday.  On arrival, light smoke was showing from one unit of a two-story duplex.
 
A fire was found in an upstairs bedroom closet. Firefighters had it out in less than ten minutes.
 
The fire gutted the closet and caused smoke damage to the rest of the bedroom. Damage was estimated at $10,000.
 
Fire investigators believe a young child playing with a lighter in the closet started the fire.
 
Everyone was able to escape without injury. Three adults and one child are displaced due to the fire.