Local News


Child lights couch on fire near Jones, Foothill

Posted at 5:29 PM, Nov 28, 2015
and last updated 2015-11-28 20:29:19-05

Firefighters were on the scene of a blaze on Saturday.

It happened around 3:25 p.m. near Jones and Foothill Boulevards.

The initial call came in regarding a couch on fire in a residence.  
Units arrived and quickly extinguished the fire. Red Cross responded to assist 1 adult and 4 children.  
The cause of fire was determined to be accidental due to a juvenile fire playing with a lighter. Estimated damage to the home is $70,000.