Local News


Business in strip mall catches fire in SW Vegas

Posted at 1:48 PM, Mar 20, 2016
and last updated 2016-03-20 16:48:12-04

A business in the southwest part of the valley was damaged Saturday night in a fire.

Around 8:30 p.m., the Clark County Fire Department responded to a report of a fire at 8090 S. Durango Drive, near Windmill Lane. Upon arrival,  personnel reported a single-story strip mall with a small volume of smoke coming from the structure.

Crews forced entry and made an offensive fire attack. The fire was found in Suite 111, the location of Prime Social Marketing, in a bathroom. Crews knocked down the fire with the aid of sprinkler activation.

Firefighters were able to prevent extension to other suites of the building. The fire is under investigation. Damages have not been estimated.

There were no injuries reported.