Watch the full 13 Action News Pride Month Panel where members of the Las Vegas community shared their experiences and issues facing the LGBTQ+ community.
Everything from how to be an ally, being an LGBTQ+ person of color, the importance of "coming out" and why Las Vegas Raider Carl Nassib's story is a big deal was up for discussion.
The panel also touched on health-related topics specific to the community, including fears some queer people have of going to the doctor.
The panel includes:
- State Senator Pat Spearman is the first openly lesbian woman in the Nevada Legislature.
- Latoya Holman is with the Human Rights Campaign and on the Las Vegas Metropolitan Police Department's diversity board.
- Dr. Hyman Scott is the clinical research medical director at Bridge HIV and the assistant clinical professor of medicine at the University of California San Francisco.
- Eduardo Cordova is the owner of the only gay bar in the Arts District, The Garden.
- Selena McAteer is a transgender woman.
Watch the full three-part discussion below.
PRIDE MONTH PANEL | PART 1
PRIDE MONTH PANEL | PART 2
PRIDE MONTH PANEL | PART 3