Local News


Barbecue catches fire near Oakey, Rancho Drive

Posted at 10:58 PM, Jun 08, 2016
and last updated 2016-06-09 02:20:41-04

A barbecue fire caused some damage to an overhang Wednesday night.

The fire was reported around 9 p.m. near Oakey Boulevard and Rancho Drive.

The homeowner says it appears the propane tank exploded as he was getting ready to cook some burgers. Part of the overhang caught fire but firefighters were able to contain the blaze quickly.

There were no injuries reported.

Firefighters said the barbecue was too close to the house.