Several people were displaced by a fire on Sunday morning that was started by careless discarding of smoking material.
It happened at the Sierra Point Apartments near East Desert Inn Road and Maryland Parkway.
According to Clark County Fire Department, the fire was reported at 9:35 a.m. Four fire engines and one ladder truck responded. The fire was extinguished quickly and no injuries were reported. Damage is estimated at $5,000.
At least 7 adults and 4 children were displaced. The American Red Cross is helping the residents.