Local News


UPDATE: Coroner identifies woman killed during Henderson domestic dispute

Andre Andrews HPD.png
Breaking news for July 18
Posted at 9:35 PM, Jun 28, 2021
and last updated 2021-07-02 12:27:43-04

UPDATE JULY 2: The Clark County Coroner has identified the woman who was killed as 48-year-old Crystal Y. Turner from Van Nuys, CA. Her cause of death was a gunshot wound to the head and it was ruled a homicide.

Authorities in Henderson say they are continuing their investigation into a deadly domestic dispute from Monday night.

Henderson police report they were called to a residence in the 90 block of Huntfield Drive in reference to a female caller saying her husband had just shot two people at about 7:30 p.m.

Responding officers located a 48-year-old female with an apparent gunshot wound to her face and two additional 21-year-old men with apparent gunshot wounds to their torso.

All three were transported to Sunrise Hospital. Both males were stable and expected to survive, according to police. However, the woman succumbed to her injuries.

Police say their preliminary investigation revealed the caller’s husband, identified as 39-year-old Andre Andrews, had been involved in a physical altercation with her, before leaving the home.

Andre Andrews HPD.png
Mug shot for homicide suspect Andre Andrews in June 2021. (Henderson Police Department)

Andrews' wife then contacted her friends for help and after her female friend arrived Andrews returned to the residence and shot her in the face.

Two other male friends then became involved in a physical fight with Andrews, in an attempt to get the firearm from him, where they too were shot, according to police.

Andrews sustained head injuries during the struggle and was also transported to Sunrise Hospital. The 39-year-old was booked into the Henderson Detention Center in absentia on multiple charges that include domestic battery and open murder.

The name of the decedent will be released by the Clark County coroner’s office pending family notification.

Henderson police say the incident remains under investigation.