Local News

Actions

4 displaced after Henderson attic fire

KTNV-Default-Image_1280x720.png
Posted at 9:30 AM, Dec 08, 2016
and last updated 2016-12-08 13:26:59-05
An attic fire caused by a wood-burning stove damaged a Henderson home late last night and displaced four adults.
 
The Henderson Fire Department responded to a residential structure fire in the 900 block of Hibiscus Court, near East Lake Mead Parkway and Calico Ridge Drive, at about 11:55 p.m. on December 7.
 
The first arriving engine crew observed light smoke coming from the roof of a one-story single family residence.
 
Firefighters initiated an offensive attack and entered the home, extinguishing a small fire in the attic near the chimney.
 
Residents were home when the fire started and were alerted by the smell of smoke. They safely evacuated the residence before calling 9-1-1.
 
Four engines, one truck, two rescue units and an air resource apparatus responded to the fire.
 
There were no injuries to residents or firefighters. Four adults were displaced by the fire.
 
The cause of the fire was determined to be accidental.
 
The estimated loss is $35,000 for the structure and contents.