Local News


UPDATE: Other residents scared after apartment fire

Posted at 4:24 PM, Feb 25, 2017
and last updated 2017-02-27 00:52:51-05

UPDATE ON FEB. 26: A couple who live in the same apartment complex where a fire broke out on Saturday tells 13 Action News that they are scared that it could happen to them too.

William Busch and his fiance, Mariah Blanding, told 13 Action News that they are concerned because of exposed wires and loose electrical outlets.

Busch says that when he approached management, they didn't seem to concerned.

When we went to the officer, they told us that they would be taking care of the problem.

13 Action News will stay on top of this story to see if the potential problem is resolved.


LAS VEGAS (KTNV) -- Around 3:30 p.m. Saturday, the Clark County Fire Department responded to an apartment fire at 1750 Karen Avenue.

Crews spotted heavy flames coming from a ground floor apartment and called in a second alarm from Las Vegas Fire and Rescue.

The structure became unstable, and firefighters were ordered out of the building. Once the flames were under control, crews went back inside to put out the rest of the fire. At least seven units were burned.

No injuries were reported. One dog suffered smoke inhalation, but has since recovered and has been returned to its owner.

The American Red Cross is assisting 30 people displaced by the fire.