Local News

Actions

1 October exhibit coming down, items to be preserved

KTNV-Default-Image_1280x720.png
Posted at 1:27 PM, Feb 25, 2019
and last updated 2019-02-25 16:32:24-05

LAS VEGAS (KTNV) — The staff at the Clark County Museum have started the process of taking down items that were part of its exhibit dedicated to showcasing some of the memorials left after the 1 October shooting, Clark County says.

The display had been up for the past few months and was part of the Clark County remembrance of the tragedy.

RELATED: PHOTOS: 'HOW WE MOURNED' 1 OCTOBER EXHIBIT

The tribute items will remain part of the Clark County Museum’s permanent collection of Southern Nevada history.

Museum staff have cataloged more than 17,000 items that were left at the "Welcome to Las Vegas" sign and other Las Vegas locations after the Route 91 Harvest Festival tragedy.

The county says the items are being preserved and stored in a secured a climate-controlled museum storage where they will be available for use in future exhibits and for research.

RELATED: 1 October poem 'The Route' penned by Las Vegas police captain unveiled

You can view photographs of the items cataloged by museum staff and volunteers on the Clark County Museum’s website.

Museum volunteers and staff are also working on cataloging additional items such as a collection of cards, letters and thank-you signs given to Las Vegas police, the Clark County Fire Department, and others.