Recipe Name: Stuffed Chicken with Smoked Bacon & Mushrooms
Prep Time: 15 minutes
Total Time: 30 minutes
Servings per Recipe: 2 stuffed chicken breasts
2 Signature Farms® boneless, skinless chicken breasts
1 pinch kosher salt, plus additional for seasoning chicken pre-grilling
1 pinch ground black pepper, plus additional for seasoning chicken pre-grilling
2 Tbs olive oil, plus added oil for brushing chicken pre-grilling
butcher’s twine (for tying rolled chicken)
Signature SELECT™ aluminum foil (optional for grilling)
Hickory Bacon Compound Butter:
4 Tbs unsalted butter, softened to room temperature
3 slices Signature Farms® hickory bacon, cooked, cooled and minced
1/2 cup thinly-sliced mushrooms
2 Tbs minced shallots
2 Tbs olive oil
1 pinch kosher salt
1 pinch ground black pepper
1. To prepare hickory bacon compound butter, combine the cooked, minced bacon and the unsalted butter together, mix well and chill.
2. Heat a medium-size sauté pan, add oil, shallots and mushrooms, then season with salt and pepper. Sauté for 2 minutes, then set aside and allow to cool.
3. Butterfly chicken breast, opening it up into 2-3 folds. Season with salt and pepper.
4. Divide butter between the butterflied breast, then add sautéed mushrooms. Fold and tie with butcher’s twine.
5. Brush roll-tied chicken breast with olive oil, then season with salt and pepper.
6. Heat grill to medium-high and spray grates with non-stick spray (or brush with oil).
7. Place stuffed chicken breast on hot grill. Grill for 1 ½ minutes, pick up and turn 90 degrees to create grill cross marks. Grill chicken breast for another 1 ½ minutes, turn over and then cover grill. Cook covered for an additional 10-12 minutes.
Pro Tip: If the twine is becoming charred, place chicken breast on sheet of aluminum foil and continue cooking until internal temperature reaches 165°.
8. Remove from grill and allow to rest 4-5 minutes, remove twine and serve.