The City of Las Vegas says it will reopen its emergency grant program to provide an additional $2 million in funding in order to help more businesses.
The second round of grant applications will open at 9 a.m. July 20 at LasVegasNevada.gov/ReopeningGrant.
New applications will be accepted until July 31 or until sufficient applications have been received.
Last month, the city offered an emergency grant to help city businesses fund expenses associated with personal protective equipment (PPE), facility retrofit for health and safety measures, or other expenses reasonably needed to prepare the business for reopening or expanded reopening.
The June emergency grant was made possible by the city through $4 million in funds received from the Coronavirus Relief Fund of the CARES Act. Each grant was approximately $4,000 and was awarded to 1,000 businesses ranging from restaurants and bars to retail and cosmetology establishments.
Las Vegas City Manager Scott Adams said in a press release:
When we were awarded the federal funding for those affected by this pandemic, we wanted to make an impact on our small business community.
They have put their life savings, blood, sweat and tears into their businesses only to have an unprecedented pandemic turn everything upside down. We wanted these businesses to know there was help from the city they call home, so it is satisfying to see that the money is being used as intended. It is for this reason that we have extended the program.