LAS VEGAS (KTNV) — NFTs or Non-Fungible Tokens are unique objects that bear a certain value based on the object’s uniqueness. A NFT can be a painting, a video, an audio file, a video game collectible item, a GIF etc.
Ownership of the NFT is recorded on a blockchain.
Here is a list of some of the most expensive NFTs that have been sold so far:
1. Everydays - The First 5000 Days (massive compilation of artworks by Beeple) — $69 million
THE COMPLETE MF COLLECTION— Nifty Gateway (@niftygateway) December 13, 2020
THIS IS IT! The last auction of the day, which includes each of the 20 auction pieces in it. Ends at 6 pm ET.
Follow Live:https://t.co/l3FDkQS4a5 pic.twitter.com/I9h5arYEHl
2. “Hashmasks” (living digital art collectible created by over 70 artists) — $16 million
There are six Hashmasks with crowns 👑— Hashmasks (@TheHashmasks) April 28, 2021
Which is your favourite? pic.twitter.com/mzkDfrwmJN
3. Canadian artist Grimes artwork/music videos — $6 million
🗡️The "War Nymph" collection is dropping tomorrow, February 28 @ 2pm EST.— Nifty Gateway (@niftygateway) February 27, 2021
Are you ready for this collaboration between @Grimezsz & @MacBoucher1? Who is excited for this drop? 👀👀👀
Don't forget a % of the proceeds from the #NFT sales will be donated to @carbon_180! pic.twitter.com/Z07WTvrM6g
4. CryptoPunk #3100 (algorithm-generated pixel art image of an alien) — $7.58 million
5. CryptoPunk #7804 (algorithm-generated pixel art image of an alien) — $7.57 million
6. Crossroads (dystopian art piece mocking President Donald Trump) — $6.6 million
CROSSROAD— Nifty Gateway (@niftygateway) February 25, 2021
The #1/1 from beeple's first NG drop has just resold on the secondary market for $6.6 million.
History has just been made.
Congrats to beeple and of course to @pablorfraile for the sale. pic.twitter.com/mTYG4VABSw
7. First Twitter Tweet (first tweet posted by Twitter founder and CEO Jack Dorsey) — $2.9 million
just setting up my twttr— jack (@jack) March 21, 2006
8. CryptoPunk #6965 (algorithm-generated pixel art image of an ape) — $1.6 million
9. CryptoPunk #6965 (algorithm-generated pixel art image of an ape) — $1.54 million
10. Axie Infinity Virtual Game “Genesis” Estate (virtual property from the Axie Infinity game) — $1.5 million
11. CryptoPunk #4156 (algorithm-generated pixel art image of an ape) — $1.25 million
12. Forever Rose (abstract artwork by Kevin Abosch) — $1 million
13. Ricky and Morty “The Best I Could Do” — $1 million
14. Not Forgotten, But Gone by WHIsBe (clip of spinning gold skeleton gummy bear) — $1 million
15. Metarift (video by the artist Pak) -- $904,413
16. Hairy by Steve Aoki (clip of Aoki’smusic and a dancing blue-and-purple figure) — $888,888.88
🕶️ Things are getting "Hairy" with @steveaoki x @antonitudisco!— Nifty Gateway (@niftygateway) March 7, 2021
View the full collection here:https://t.co/G7sWtj8Zkvhttps://t.co/bwHgm8jp5nhttps://t.co/Mz0IryIJrx
The "Dream Catcher" collection drops today at 2 PM EST! pic.twitter.com/3a4wgp78CP
17. Nyan Cat by Chris (meme) — $509,000
Just opened up the flood gates to the future of meme economy in the Crypto universe, no big deal~— ☆Chris☆ (@PRguitarman) February 19, 2021
But seriously, thanks for believing in Nyan Cat all these years. I hope this inspires future artists to get into #NFT universe so they can get proper recognition for their work! pic.twitter.com/JX7UU9VSPb