LAS VEGAS — Sunday winds from the southwest reach 40 mph this morning and 30 mph this afternoon. In spite of a mostly sunny sky, temperatures will only climb to the low 50s today. Lows tonight drop to the mid 30s with wind chills in the 20s as gusts hit 30 mph. We expect another round of rain on Monday, most likely in the afternoon in Las Vegas, while southwest gusts continue at 30 mph with highs in the low 50s. Snow may mix with the back edge of the moisture Monday evening, but no accumulation is expected in the valley. In the Spring Mountains, up to 12" of snow is expected. Lows drop to the mid 30s Monday night as dry weather returns and gusts linger at 30 mph. The rain chance is only 20% Tuesday, and winds are under 15 mph, but highs will be limited to the mid 40s (about 10° below average). We dip to the low 30s Tuesday night. Highs remain in the 40s through the end of the year, and stay in the 40s as we flip the calendar to 2022 on Saturday. This is an impressive stretch of cold air for Southern Nevada! Some showers are possible Wednesday (about a 50% chance) but the wind should remain light. Small 30% rain chances are in the forecast Thursday and Friday (December 31st). Las Vegas expects 40° at midnight Friday for New Year's Eve with northwest gusts of 20 mph and a small 20% rain chance.
13 First Alert Weather Forecast | Sunday morning, Dec. 26, 2021
Windy and mostly sunny today
Posted at 5:44 AM, Dec 26, 2021
and last updated 2021-12-26 11:35:18-05
Copyright 2021 Scripps Media, Inc. All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten, or redistributed.