The Vegas Golden Knights are teaming up with the North America Scholastic Esports Federation (NASEF), to find North America’s best hockey fans and Minecraft designers for the 2020 Minecraft Face-Off.
NASEF is looking for teams of up to four students in grades 3rd-12th who want to face-off against teams throughout the United States and Canada for a chance to win prizes. The competition will give students the chance to design a hockey team logo, jersey and even a next generation hockey arena. NASEF leverages massive youth interest in esports by teaching students about career options that exist in esports, professional sports, and other industries. Students may develop gaming abilities, but the focus is on learning and practicing skills in related careers like shoutcasting, marketing, artwork and design, and more.
NASEF along with its affiliates, the Garden State Scholastic Esports and theFlorida Scholastic Esports League, have developed three design challenges as part of the Minecraft Face-off for teams to complete and submit via Flipgrid by Friday, May 15, 2020. NASEF will host a stream on Friday, Apr. 24, 2020 at 12 p.m. PT on the NASEF Twitch Channel, as they will review each challenge, share tips, information, how-tos and live-builds.
What you need to do to enter the 2020 NASEF Minecraft Face-off:
- Watch the NASEF stream on April 24 (it will be available for playback, in case you miss the stream)
- Review the eligibility requirements
- Register your team (teams of up to four members or individual teams accepted). During the registration process, indicate your favorite professional hockey team. Once your registration is confirmed, you will be sent an email with the Flipgrid link. Follow the Challenge guidelines in Flipgrid
- Use Minecraft to design the Challenge
- Create a video using Flipgrid (times will vary per Challenge)
- Submit your video in Flipgrid. The video should be submitted by an adult sponsor and include a narrative of the designs.
- Share your video on Twitter, using the hashtag #MinecraftFaceOff
To be eligible for the 2020 NASEF Minecraft Faceoff, all entries must meet the basic requirements:
• Complete registration on the North America Scholastic Esports Federation website.
• Teams are comprised of students in grades 3rd-12th residing in the United States and Canada;
• Must be your own original work;
• Must not contain any content that is obscene or offensive;
• Must not contain your image or any identification markers;
• Follow the guidelines as outlined in Flipgrid; and
• Videos must be submitted in Flipgrid.
Each design submitted by a team will be reviewed using a rubric specifically created for each Challenge. Teams will earn points based on their design.
NASEF will be awarding teams with the following:
• Individual Challenge team awards: Each team member will receive (1) Minecraft Dungeons Hero Edition on their desired platform.
• Grand prize team awards: Each team member will receive: (1) Xbox One Minecraft Creeper Wireless Controller or Microsoft Xbox One Minecraft Pig Edition Wireless Controller AND (1) Minecraft Dungeons Hero Edition – an all-new action-adventure game, inspired by classic dungeon crawlers and set in the Minecraft universe!
Vegas Golden Knights fans will be awarding teams with the following:
• Individual Challenges: VGK player-signed gear
• Grand Prize: VGK player-signed gear and an exclusive video conference with a Golden Knights broadcast personality and front office member whose career is driven by technology, creativity, innovation, content and/or marketing.