The Raiders are officially moving to Las Vegas after more than a year of initial speculation and then meetings that would eventually lead to the NFL owners' vote Monday.
- January 2016. The Las Vegas Sands Corp kicked off the Raiders to Las Vegas talk with a tweet showing CEO Sheldon Adelson meeting with Raiders owner Mark Davis.
- March 2016. First presentation to the Southern Nevada Tourism Infrastructure Committee asking for tax dollars to pay for a domed stadium on the Strip.
- April 2016. Davis told committee he was dedicated to Las Vegas.
- September 2016. Southern Nevada Tourism Infrastructure Committee sent billion dollar stadium plan to state lawmakers.
- October 2016. Nevada Legislature approves public funding bill with Gov. Brian Sandoval signing off on it.
- January 2017. Raiders file paperwork for relocation to Las Vegas. NFL owners meet in New York regarding move. Raiders submit lease for stadium located near Russell Road and Polaris Avenue. Adelson and Goldman Sachs pull out of deal.
- February 2017. With uncertainty on stadium funding, the Raiders began exploring other finance options. Davis said he remained committed to Las Vegas.
- March 6, 2017. Reports surfaced that Bank of America would be financing the stadium.
- March 27, 2017. NFL owners approve Raiders' move from Oakland to Las Vegas 31-1 with only the Miami Dolphins owner dissenting.
For more stories related to the Raiders and the stadium deal, check out our Stadium section.