LAS VEGAS (KTNV) — Smith’s Food & Drug today announced the acceptance of Supplemental Nutrition Assistance Program (SNAP) benefits for pickup.
The low-contact, convenient service allows customers to shop online for groceries on their website or the Smith’s app and pick up their order curbside at a nearby Smith’s store.
How pickup works:
1. Choose your preferred store location on their website or the app.
2. Shop and place your order for groceries.
3. Select a pickup date and time and SNAP/EBT as the payment method. If you’re using an EBT card, you’ll present your payment method at the time of pick up.
4. An associate shops for your order.
5. When it’s time to pick up your order, look for the pickup signs in the store’s parking lot and pull into your parking spot then call the number on the sign to let an associate know you’ve arrived.
6. An associate will bring your order out and load it into your car. At this time, EBT card customers can complete their transaction via a mobile point-of-sale system and pay for ineligible EBT purchases or any remaining balance with their debit or credit card.
Smith’s currently offers pickup at more than 70 stores.
They have also waived the pickup fee (generally $4.95) for all orders, with no minimum purchase threshold required, to encourage more customers to use the low-contact service during the pandemic.