LAS VEGAS (KTNV) — Mr. Peanut is coming to Las Vegas this weekend with his iconic NUTmobile.
The Planters Peanut team will be at several locations in the valley.
- Jan. 17 — Albertsons, 8350 W Cheyenne (12 p.m. to 5 p.m.)
- Jan. 18 — Albertsons, 1650 N Buffalo Dr (12 p.m. to 5 p.m.)
- Jan. 19 — Albertsons, 6730 N Hualapai Way (12 p.m. to 5 p.m.)
What is the NUTmobile?
- The current NUTmobile is everything it’s cracked up to be!
- The first Peanut mobile originated around 1935
- An updated NUTmobile came out in 1999 when Planters was named the official snack food of NASCAR.
- The 2011 NUTmobile harnesses the power of both wind and sunlight for power and was constructed using several reclaimed materials. It was initially built for the Planters “Naturally Remarkable” tour
NUTmobile FUN FACTS
Height: 11 1/2 ft. (180 Peanuts high)
Length: 26 ft. (415 Peanuts long)
Width: 8 1/2 ft. (140 Peanuts wide)
Weight: 13,000 lbs. (about 3 million Peanuts)
The NUTS and Bolts:
• Dry roasted, lightly salted fiberglass peanut shell
• Converted 2014 Isuzu – W4 Series Chassis
• Engine: V-8, 6.0 liter 322 VORTEC 5967 (L96)
THE SALTY DETAILS:
• Rooftop solar panels to help charge the internal batteries
• Peanut shaped dashboard
• Smart technology with GPS Navigational System
• Hydraulic television and computerized controls with sound system
• Mr. Peanut “Through the Years” timeline ceiling art
• Removable sunroof to feature Mr. Peanut
• Rear navigational camera
• Six blue and yellow seats with customized embroidery
• Peanut shaped front grill