Las Vegas residents are encouraged to clear out their medicine cabinets on January 20 for a community-wide drug take back day.
Unused and expired medicine can be dropped off anonymously for safe disposal during the one-day event at the following locations:
- Sun City Summerlin – 10360 Sun City Blvd, Desert Vista Social Hall parking lot
- The Center – 401 S Maryland Pkwy
- Albertsons – 4800 Blue Diamond Road
- Albertsons – 201 South Stephanie Street
- Smith’s – 2211 North Rampart Blvd
- Smith’s – 10100 West Tropicana Avenue
- Henderson City Hall – 240 South Water Street
- Community Partners for Better Health – 700 Lola Avenue
Those who are dropping of their prescription or over-the-counter drugs are asked to black out names and addresses on the bottles before taking them to the event. Drop off times are from 10 a.m. to 2 p.m.
The Las Vegas Metropolitan Police Department recommends cleaning out home medicine cabinets, as well as keeping current medications secure, in order to prevent potential substance abuse.