LAS VEGAS (KTNV) — The Shade Tree, a 24-hour accessible shelter designed to specifically meet the needs of women and children in crisis, is calling on the community to participate in the inaugural Cook for a Cause, a charitable cooking series presented by SecretBurger.com.
The initiative shines a spotlight on seven local chefs, who have personally created at-home meal kits featuring dishes from their popular restaurants.
Starting at $45, the meal kits are good for two or more people and come equipped with either a live online class, a pre-recorded video or set of instructions for an easy, convenient and fun culinary experience in the comfort of your own kitchen.
- Sept. 9 (pick-up between noon and 3 p.m.): Rooster Boy Café and Executive Chef Sonia El-Nawal featuring chicken kabobs, Fattoush salad and Jeweled Rice ($60 dinner for two)
- Sept. 10 (pick-up between noon and 4 p.m.): Piero’s Italian Cuisine and Executive Chef Chris Conlon featuring the famous Osso Bucco with egg fettucine ($45 per person)
- Sept. 11 (pick-up between 1 and 4 p.m.): Honey Salt and Executive Chef Todd Harrington featuring Biloxi fried chicken sandwich, corn salad and peach cobbler ($49 dinner for two)
- Sept. 11 (pick-up between noon and 6 p.m.): DW Bistro and Executive Chef Bryce Krausman featuring Flautas and blueberry scones ($45 dinner for two)
- Sept. 12 (pick-up between 1 and 3 p.m.): Main St. Provisions and Executive Chef Justin Hall featuring Gumbo and potato salad ($45 dinner for two)
- Sept. 12 (pick-up between 11 a.m. and 6 p.m.) Graffiti Bao and Chef Marc Marrone featuring lamb fried rice, salad, bok choy, chicken dumplings and coconut fried rice ($65 dinner for two)
- Sept. 12 -13 (pick-up between 3 and 6 p.m.): Forte Tapas and owner/chef Nina Manchev featuring Kvarma in clay pots ($60 dinner for two)
Available for purchase now on their Secret Burger website, the limited number of meal kits are scheduled for pick-up sometime between Sept. 9 and Sept. 13.
At least half of the proceeds will benefit The Shade Tree, which provides shelter and assistance to women and children in crisis.