Joy of Hot Dog has reopened in the Fremont East Entertainment District at 506 Fremont Street.
The popular food trailer is now serving several new flavor combinations and toppings, available Thursday – Saturday from 8 p.m. to 2 a.m.
The new dogs, priced at $8 each, include:
- A Walk in the Park, a vegan offering with sautéed vegetables, onions, red and green peppers, arugula, radishes and Green Goddess dressing.
- The Al Capone, a combination of diced tomatoes, sun-dried tomato pesto, caramelized onions, pepperoni and mozzarella cheese.
- Chihuahua Chick, topped with diced grilled chicken, guacamole, cilantro sauce, pico de gallo, tortilla chips and jalapeño.
- The Hangover, filled with pastrami, grilled onions, white queso and banana peppers.
- Elvis, topped with banana compote, peanut butter, bacon bits and crunchy peanuts.
Adding a new element of light to the neon-lit Joy of Hot Dog trailer is new art installation, “Electric Dandelions.”
The 30-foot dandelion sculptures, made of metal and acrylic, double as fireworks at night, coming to life with LED animations through a bright light show. Created by Liquid PXL, Electric Dandelions adds ambient lighting, with LED lights running throughout each sculpture to create firework effects.
All Joy of Hot Dog selections are cooked to perfection: crispy on the outside and moist on the inside, served on Hawaiian sweet rolls.
Each dog may be ordered with a 100 percent natural Patuxent Farms angus beef hot dog or Beyond Meat vegan Italian sausage.
The complete menu may be found on the website.