Here is the latest roundup of restaurant news from around the Las Vegas valley:
1. Jaleo by José Andrés is featuring a limited-time menu from Sept. 16 through Sept. 29 that will feature a curated selection of a la carte favorites and new arrivals, including the never-before-seen Fall Gin & Tonic with Hendrick’s Gin, manzanilla & PX sherries, Fever Tree Indian Tonic Water, apple and star anise. In celebration of kick-off and for one day only on the 16th, those “in the know” will also be able to enjoy this limited-time menu at an even more affordable price by purchasing tickets via Secret Burger, receiving an assortment of tapas and a choice of traditional or specialty gin and tonic for $32.
2. Firehouse Subs Las Vegas is hosting its first Guest Appreciation Day on Sept. 18 from 10:30 a.m. to 9 p.m. Guests are invited to try their signature medium Hook & Ladder sub for just $3 at 13 greater Las Vegas locations. Firehouse will also be offering its new Jerk Turkey sub for just $5.55.
3. El Segunda Sol is presenting a Chef’s Dinner featuring tacos and margaritas at 6:30 p.m. Sept. 19. Join Executive Chef Saul Garcia on an expedition through 3 courses, each paired with an Azunia Tequila cocktail. $60 per person plus tax and gratuity.
4. SkinnyFATS on Stephanie Street in Henderson has a new #RollUp menu available at its drive-thru. Highlights include 5 chicken fingers for $4.20; the First Base Burger with cheddar, lettuce, tomato, onion, pickles and SF sauce on a brioche bun for $4.95; the Second Base burger with two patties for $7.95; the Fingers n Buns sandwich made with chicken fingers and coleslaw for $4.95; and the fan-favorite Buffurrito.
5. Habit Burger Restaurants is marking its 50th anniversary by partnering with No Kid Hungry for the 5th consecutive year. Guests visiting Habit Burger between now and Sept. 25 who donate $2 or more to No Kid Hungry will receive a free Charburger with cheese certificate, good on a return visit.
6. Locale Italian Kitchen is now offering a weekday brunch from 11 a.m. to 2:30 p.m. Monday through Friday. Menu highlights include the Locale burger with Chianti mustard and habanero red pepper ketchup served with choice of cheddar or gorgonzola dolce and chips or salad ($15); Pane frattau pizza with sunny-side-up eggs, guanciale and chili ($16); Baked French toast with fresh berry puree, whipped cream and cinnamon ($11); Locale fritatta with broccoli rabe, corn, tomato and 24-month Galloni prosciutto ($10); Preserved tuna salad Genovese with Gaeta olives, super egg, capers and red wine vinaigrette ($14); and Zucchini crepes with fresh mozzarella, pomodoro and basil ($12). There will also be $9 Bloody Marys and bottomless mimosas, Bellinis an rose for $19.
7. Lip Smacking Foodie Tours is now offering the eclectic Arts District Lip Smacking Tour. Attendees will get a taste of the best the Arts District has to offer. The first stop is Esther’s Kitchen, which features seasonal Italian cuisine. At Jammyland, guests will enjoy reggae tunes while feasting on modern Caribbean fare such as the classic meat patty with curried grass-fed beef enfolded in a numeric-scented pastry. Attendees will then get a chance to observe some of the artwork in the area before ending the tour with a sweet taste of history at Cornish Pasty Co. Choose from Banoffee Pie, sticky toffee pudding, and chocolate bread and butter pudding. Cost is $125 per person. $50 beverage package also available.
8. Mon Ami Gabi is celebrating 20 years on the Las Vegas Strip with a limited prix-fixe lunch menu for $24.95 and prix-fixe dinner menu for $49.95. Menu highlights include gazpacho with artisanal feta cheese, casareccia with burrata cheese, and creme brûlée with burnt vanilla custard. For another $20, mix and match two glasses of wine or order a carafe of St. Germain for the table. Offered through Sept. 30.
9. sixth + mill, the popular pizzeria and bar in downtown Los Angeles, has opened a 2nd location at Grand Canal Shoppes inside The Venetian. The restaurant features Neopolitan-style pizzas, pastas, and seasonal plates, all specially crafted to reflect early memories in the kitchen from Chef Angelo’s childhood in Italy.
10. Ferraro’s Italian Restaurant & Wine Bar is inviting guests to travel to the Mt. Etna region of Italy without leaving Las Vegas on Sept. 18. The four-course dinner will showcase top-rated wines and each wine will be paired with a specially prepared dish by Executive Chef Francesco DiCaudo. Menu highlights include Mediterranean red prawns and lamb ravioli. Cost is $150 per person.
11. The Silverton is offering Meals with a Mermaid on Saturdays and Sundays at 11 a.m. and 12:30 p.m. Guests will enjoy brunch or lunch next to the 117,000 gallon aquarium, while a mermaid swims and interacts with them in the aquarium during the 45 minute intimate dining experience. Guests will select a beverage, starter and choice of entrée for their dining experience. Reservations must be made in advance online at silvertoncasino.com/promotion. Cost is $30 adults, $15 for children ages 2 to 12.
12. The Taste of Downtown Epicurean Event returns to The Plaza hotel and casino on Oct. 10. Guests will spend the evening poolside at the Plaza, enjoying a variety of dishes and cocktails offered by several dozen popular downtown establishments. The event proceeds will support the Nevada Restaurant Association’s educational and scholarship programs, including ProStart, a national high school culinary certification and restaurant management program involving more than 3,500 students here in Nevada. The program teaches students the skills and knowledge needed to succeed in the food service industry. Tickets start at $70.
13. The Venetian’s Want the World campaign is celebrating the master chefs of France on Sept. 27. The annual event will take guests on a culinary journey with stops in 10 countries, including Italy, France, Asia and Mexico. The poolside affair will be held from 7 – 9:30 p.m. at The Aquatic Club. For the first time ever, a VIP experience will be available, which includes early entry, a cookbook, and a champagne toast. Participating Master Chefs of France:
- Olivier Dubreuil – Executive Chef of The Venetian Resort
- Jean Joho – Everest; Chicago, Illinois
- Jean Louis Dumonet – Heights Casino Club; New York, New York
- Herve Malivert – The International Culinary Center; New York, New York
- Bertrand Bouquin – Desert Mountain; Scottsdale, Arizona
- Gerald Hirigoyen – Piperade; San Francisco, California
- Olivier De Saint Martin – Caribou Café; Philadelphia, Pennsylvania
- Jacques Sorci – Hakkasan Group; Las Vegas, Nevada
- David Werly – Aria Las Vegas; Nevada
- Jean Pierre Dubray – The Resort at Pelican Hill; Newport Coast, California
Simon Bregardis, executive pastry chef at The Venetian, will also offer an extravagant selection of pastries. General admission is $85 plus per person and VIP tickets are $175 plus.
If you would like to submit an item for the 13 Tastes, send an email to email@example.com.