Here is the latest roundup of restaurant news from around the Las Vegas valley:
1. Chef Marc Vetri is sharing how he prepares his delicious linguine and clams dish in honor of National Linguine Day on Sept. 15. Guests can recreate this specialty dish at home for the holiday or dine out at Osteria Fiorella, which has just gained a permanent home at Red Rock Resort after initially taking over the Terra Rossa space as a pop-up restaurant in July.
2. Downtown Terrace is celebrating Mexican Independence Day from 4 to 7 p.m. Sept. 16 with a special edition menu with holiday-inspired cocktails and food items. Special guest bartender Mike ‘Guzzie’ Guzman will join the team behind the bar. Drinks include El Chocolatito ($8) and Be a Maestro ($18). Food items include elite street corn on the cob ($6), chicken enchiladas with green sauce ($6), steak and chicken street tacos ($6) and more.
3. Ike’s Love & Sandwiches is giving a free bag of Zapp’s chips with every purchase for anyone who says “Ahoy Matey!” For Talk Like A Pirate Day on Sept. 19.
4. Carson Kitchen is adding a Sunday brunch beginning Sept 20. Brunch will be serve from 11 a.m. to 4 p.m. every Sunday. Items include Oatmeal Brûlée ($10) served with bourbon, smoked pecan, fruit compote, chantilly cream; B.E.C. ($12) served with pork belly, easy egg, white cheddar, herb mayo, and arugula; Spam Benedict ($15) served with fried green tomato, poached egg, and garlic herb hollandaise; Oxtail Hash ($12) served with potato, bell pepper, red wine demi, and a sunny egg; Shrimp & Grits ($13) served with Fresno chile, cilantro, mint, shallot, and nuoc cham; and more. Curated cocktails include The Dude Abides ($12) made with citrus vodka, almond milk, cold brew liqueur, and orange bitters or That’s My Jam ($12), which is a classic bloody mary made with bacon jam vodka and fresh lime. Reservations suggested.
5. Celebrate National Guacamole Day on Sept. 16 with a free snack-sized portion of fresh guac at any of Las Vegas 39 Del Taco locations (purchased required). The Mexican quick-service restaurant, known for its $1 tacos and guac made fresh every day, is running the deal through Sept. 18, and fans will need to download the Del Taco app to redeem the offer.
6. Pancho’s Mexican Restaurant is celebrating National Guacamole Day on Sept. 16 by taking a new spin on the classic dip. Pancho’s Toasted Pepita Guacamole will be smothered in tomatoes, onions and spices, topped with toasted pepita seeds, and served with tostaditas. The limited-edition dip will only be available on National Guacamole Day, priced at $13.95 from 11 a.m. to 4 p.m. and $14.95 from 4 p.m. to 9 p.m. Additionally, happy hour will be offered inside the cantina from 2 until 7 p.m. with discounted selections including $3 off select appetizers and drink specials, $3 off house and flavored margaritas, $3 off well cocktails and $3 off house wines. Reservations may be made by calling Pancho’s Mexican Restaurant at 702-982-0111 or at www.panchosrestaurant.com.
7. Honey Salt is observing the High Holy Days with a special menu beginning at 4:30 p.m. Sept. 18-28. Menu items include challah ($4), matzo ball soup ($9), classic potato latkes, roasted red bird chicken with rosemary skillet potatoes and chariest broccolini, braised brisket with sweet potato and prune tsmimmes and roasted Brussels sprouts and apple kuchen.
8. Rooster Boy Cafe is offering to-go Rosh Hashanah meals for the upcoming holiday. The menu, consisting of traditional Jewish New Year dishes, has been curated by Chef Sonia El-Nawal. Some of the dishes available for order include matzah ball soup, both a savory and sweet kugel, beef brisket and many others. I have attached the delicious menu to this email for the full list of offerings. Customers can place their order via phone starting today and ending Friday, September 18. They can reach Rooster Boy Café by calling (702) 560-2453 and follow them on Instagram to receive the latest updates.
9. In celebration of National Rum Punch Day on Sept. 20, SAHARA Las Vegas will be offering buy one, get one on its SAHARA Tropical Punch, available at the rooftop Retro Pool Lounge. The SAHARA Tropical Punch features a mixture of Bacardi Banana Rum, Monin Guava Syrup, Giffard Orgeat Syrup, Pineapple Juice and Lime Juice, shaken and served over ice. It’s available for $15 for a 12 ounce drink, or $28 for 32 ounces. Currently, only hotel guests have access to the pool. However, the hotel-casino is offering a special staycation deal for locals.
10. Siena Italian Authentic Trattoria & Deli has announced a new wine class series. The educational series will give attendees the opportunity to learn how to taste wine, discover the wines of Italy, and learn the principles behind the science of food and wine pairings. The three-class series is offered for $150 per person, and each class will offer an interactive, two-hour lesson on that day’s dedicated topic. Each class will be limited to 25 attendees. The first series will take place Sept. 23, Sept. 30 and Oct. 8. The 2nd series will take place Sept. 27, Oct. 4 and Oct. Classes will be held by Carmelo Messina, Gold Pin Sommelier and Master of Professional Wine Tasting certified by the Italian Sommelier Association. Reservations are required. To learn more and reserve a space, interested attendees can call Siena Italian at (702) 360-3358 or email email@example.com.
11. A new restaurant named Biscuits & Bourbon has opened on Water Street in Henderson. Menu highlights include buttermilk fried chicken sandwich, grilled cheese, St. Louis ribs, brisket, pork belly burnt ends and cocktails like Old Fashioned, apple cider punch with Jim Beam Bourbon and peach jam and the Six Shooter Manhattan with Old Overholt Rye. Reservations encouraged.
12. El Dorado Cantina is set to open a third location in Spring Valley in the second quarter of 2021. The 4,500 square-foot space can accommodate 158 guests and patio seating will be available. The new location will be located at the space formerly occupied by No Regrets in the Centra Point at The Curve shopping center, 8349 West Sunset Road, near the 215 Beltway.
13. Din Tai Fung, the highly coveted dumpling and noodle hotspot celebrated from Taipei to Los Angeles for perfecting the art of the Xiao Long Bao, will open its first Las Vegas location at ARIA Resort & Casino on October 19. The late Pulitzer Prize winner Jonathan Gold once described Din Tai Fung’s precisely handcrafted Xiao Long Bao as “small miracles.” The Shanghai-style soup dumplings feature the highest quality Kurobuta pork and broth that bursts upon the first bite, fragranced with aromas of fresh ginger and green onion. Din Tai Fung at ARIA will be located on the casino floor, adjacent to Lift Bar, and will be open nightly from 4 p.m. - 11 p.m. Reservations are highly recommended.
If you would like to submit an item for a future 13 Tastes, please send an email with photos to firstname.lastname@example.org.