The following is the latest restaurant news from around the Las Vegas valley:
1. Rooster Boy Cafe in Desert Shores is celebrating its 2nd anniversary with Insta-worthy rainbow bagels from 8 a.m. to 3 p.m. Oct. 9 and 10. The first 15 people to show up each day will get a free rainbow bagel and sprinkle cream cheese. Bagels also available for purchase.
2. Brunch is back at the Downtown Grand. The Freedom 2 Brunch is offered 10 a.m. to 2 p.m. every Saturday and Sunday. Guests can enjoy classics such as smoked pork mac-n-cheese, tater tot waffles, croquet American Kentucky ham, applewood bacon pancakes, chicken fried steak and buttermilk chicken and house waffles. Bottomless mimosas and Bloody Marys are also available. Reservations suggested.
3. Saltgrass Steak House is now open at the Golden Nugget. The menu offers an array of fresh seafood, chicken, burgers, sandwiches, salads and more, with favorites such as BBQ Baby Back Ribs, Country Fried Steak, and Chicken Laredo. Additionally, all soups and salad dressings are made in-house every day with the freshest ingredients, as well as homemade desserts from scratch.
4. The Black Tap at the Venetian hotel-casino is offering the Classic Pumpkin Pie Shake during the month of October. The shake is topped with whipped cream, graham cracker crumbles and a cherry. Cost is $10.
5. October is National Dessert Month and there are several fabulous deserts at The Venetian hotel-casino to enjoy. Black Tap offers the CakeShake CrazyShake; the Churro Tower can be found at Chica; Buddy V’s is known for their cannoli; and Delmonico Steakhouse offers Emeril’s Banana Cream Pie. Majordomo’s Major Donut is also another wonderful desert made with Krispy Kreme doughnuts, vanilla ice cream, banana flame and caramel whip.
6. Martorano’s at Paris Las Vegas is celebrating National Pasta Month, which is also October. The new menu features linguine for $25, spaghetti carbonara for $30, spicy penne vodka for $30, linguine fra diabolo for $44, rigatoni with pork gravy for $30 and tagliatelle cream for $30.
7. Grimaldi’s Pizzeria is celebrating National Pizza Month during the month of October. Mangia! Mondays are back featuring Grimaldi’s 16-inch traditional cheese pizza for $12. Offer is valid for dine-in and carryout. For online orders, guests can use promo code “MANGIA” to receive offer. Pesto or White with Garlic pizzas are $2 more, with additional toppings at regular price. While supplies last.
8. Chef Gordon Ramsay is celebrating his signature dish — Beef Wellington — throughout the month of October. Guests can experience the Land & Sea Beef Wellington for $155 per person at Gordon Ramsay Steak inside Paris Las Vegas; Beef Wellington for lunch of dinner at Gordon Ramsay Pub & Grill at Caesars Palace; Beef Wellington with potato puree, glazed root vegetables and red wine demi-glace at Gordon Ramsay’s HELL’S KITCHEN at Caesars Palace; and fried Beef Wellington with sea salt chips for $19.99 at Gordon Ramsay Fish & Chips at The LINQ Promenade.
9. Honey Salt is celebrating fall and all things German with an Oktoberfest Farm Table Dinner on Oct. 13. Due to safety protocols, all culinary favorites will be served individually instead of family-style as in dinners past. Menu highlights include warm pretzels, rye toast, bratwurst, potato & leek soup, duroc pork schnitzel, and Bavarian Kaiserschmarrn for desert. Tickets are $59 and must be reserved online.
10. Bazaar Meat by Chef Jose Andres has launched its first-ever takeaway menu. The large format meals will serve up to 3 people. There will also be a la cart selections, desserts and beverages available. Selections include Rosewood Texas Ribeye ($170), Chateubriand of Brandt Beef Tenderloin ($150), Secreto Ibérico Pork ($110) or Merino Lamb Rack ($110). Other entrée selections include Slow-Roasted Wagyu Brisket ($100) or Argentinian-Style Wagyu Shortrib ($100), which both require 24-hour notice. A la cart offerings include Bazaar Burger ($22), skirt steak ($38), and crispy suckling pig ($160). Desserts include ice creams by the pint ($8). Orders are accepted up until at least one hour in advance with pickup between 4 and 9:30 p.m. Friday through Sunday.
11. The Summerlin location of MTO Cafe is celebrating its birthday in October with limited-edition birthday pancakes, waffles and French toast. The downtown location of MTO Cafe will celebrate its birthday in November with the same specials. Coffee lovers can also indulge in the MTO special Birthday Cake Latte during the birth months and guests with birthdays in October will receive a free birthday pancake with purchase at the Summerlin location.
12. MOTT 32 inside the Venetian is celebrating International Chefs Day by offering a Six Hands Tasting Menu Oct. 18-19. The menu was created by Chef Man Sing Lee (Group Executive Chef, Mott 32 Global/Hong Kong), Chef Alan Ji (Executive Chef, Mott 32 Las Vegas) and Chef Wai Keung Chan (Executive Chef, Mott 32 Singapore). Menu highlights include a dim sum trio, wok fried black cod, braised beef short ribs, Singapore-Style fried rice noodles, stir-fried pea sprout and diced preserved pork, and almond cram soup with egg white marshmallow, lotus seed tase puff and red bean curd. The tasting menu is $98 per person.
13. Sparrow + Wolf owner Brian Howard and Pop N’ Pies owner Andrea Mclean are teaming up to collaborate on seasonal pie flavors. The first item to be offered was an egg custard-inspired pie with sweet red bean sauce ($8 per slice or $24 for a whole pie).
If you would like to submit information for a future 13 Tastes list, send a press release and photos to email@example.com.