Here is the latest roundup of restaurant news from around the Las Vegas valley:
1. Celebrate National Ice Cream Day on July 15 with the King Kong Sundae at Sugar Factory ! The King Kong Sundae features 24 scoops of ice cream covered with hot fudge, caramel and strawberry sauce. Topped with sliced bananas, toasted marshmallows, Reese’s Pieces, chocolate chip cookies, crushed waffle cone, gummy bears, white chocolate strawberry shavings and toasted walnuts. Last but not least, it's crowned with whipped cream, giant lollipops and sparklers!
2. Esther's Kitchen is also celebrating National Ice Cream Day on July 15 by offering complimentary housemade ice cream in a variety of seasonal, creative flavors to all of their guests. Guests must order at least one food item and only one per customer. Hussong's Cantina in Boca Park and Mandalay Bay Shoppes will be celebrating the day with free fried ice cream with any purchase of an entree.
3. Forte European Tapas is celebrating summer with a Balkan BBQ on July 15 at 7 p.m. Diners will be transported overseas with grilled specialties and $3 draft beer.
4. The Black Tap is introducing its first grilled chicken option to their menu on July 16. The Baja Grilled Chicken Sandwich combines a Cajun grilled chicken breast, zippy salsa verde, avocado, crisp bacon, melty pepper jack cheese, chipotle mayo, cilantro, and tangy fresh lime. The sandwich will be available for $18 at all Black Tap locations, including New York, Las Vegas, Dubai, Geneva, and Kuwait.
5. Hash House A Go Go is celebrating National Tattoo Day on July 17 with a chance to win a one-of-a-kind tattoo from celebrity artist Dirk Vermin at Pussykat Tattoo (value of $500). Raffle tickets will be provided to guests who dine in and purchase a souvenir twisted glass with any drink, Hash House merchandise or any signature menu items including Chicken & Waffles, Chicken Benedict, or any dessert. Raffle tickets will be given away July 14 and 15 and July 17 at all locations. Grand prize drawing on July 18 at the Henderson location.
6. Rolled Ice Cream is opening its 4th location in the Las Vegas valley on July 17 at 4870 Blue Diamond Road, Suite 100. The first 50 people in line at noon will receive a free rolled ice cream. The menu will feature more than 40 unique rolled creations, the ability to create your own roll, and dairy-free options.
7. MB Steak at Hard Rock hotel-casino is celebrating National Caviar Day on July 18. It will serve its organic sturgeon caviar, a delicacy made with crème fraiche, buckwheat blini, whipped egg yolk and shallots for $32 that day.
8. July 19 is National Daiquiri Day and Cabo Wabo Cantina at Miracle Mile Shops is celebrating all day long. A few of Cabo Wabo’s spiked daiquiri flavors include the Electric Blue, made with blueberry, coconut and rum and the Vegas Crush, mixed with orange-pineapple and rum. Prices start at $12.
9. Robert Irvine's Public House at Tropicana is celebrating its one-year anniversary with a bash on July 28. Indulge in half-priced pizzas, including the Robert & Gail, (sweet Italian sausage, hot chile peppers, ricotta, garlic sauce), White Pizza (garlic butter, pulled chicken, broccolini, mozzarella), Prosciutto & Arugula (tomato sauce, mozzarella, parmesan, olive oil) starting at $7.50; 12-ounce grilled ribeye for $25; and tuna poke for $10 from 6 to 9 p.m. Guests will also be able to enjoy a rotation of 5 beer options with a new beer available each hour (priced between $2 and $4 each). And, the restaurant will be launching a new Happy Hour menu, available from 9 to 11 p.m.
10. Freddy's Frozen Custard & Steakburgers is bringing back the Funnel Cake Sundae for the summer and has added the Jalapeno Pepper Jack Steakburger to its menu. The steakburger starts with two sizzling steakburger patties and is topped with spicy pepper jack cheese, grilled jalapeños, crunchy onion rings and Freddy’s Famous Jalapeño Fry Sauce®, all on a homestyle bun. Both items will only be available for a limited time.
11. Ethel M Chocolates in Henderson is now offering wine during its signature chocolate tastings. Long-time cactus garden-goers and tourists alike can delight in sipping Trinchero Family Estates’ wine alongside unique fan-favorites such as Ethel M’s signature Pecan Caramel Raptures and Lemon Satin Crèmes. Tastings take place 5 times daily from 11 a.m. to 7 p.m. on the odd hours and cost $25 per person. Non-alcoholic chocolate tastings are also offered 5 times a day between 10 a.m. and 6 p.m. on the even hours for $15 per person, $6 per child.
12. Slater's 50/50 , known for its over-the-top burgers, bacon-infused creations and large selection of craft beer, is opening its first Las Vegas location in July at 467 E. Silverado Ranch Blvd., Suite 100. Unique menu items will include the Impossible Burger and Porkapalooza Platter. The menu will also feature mainstays, including the Original 50/50 made with a beef and bacon blend patty, pepper jack cheese, avocado, a sunny-side up egg and chipotle mayo on a brioche bun. There will be 50 crafts beers on tap and boozy milkshakes available. The first 50 guests on July 28 and 29 will receive a free Original 50/50 burger. There will also be a prize wheel during opening weekend.
13. Sharky's Woodfired Mexican Grill is now known as Sharky's Modern Mexican Kitchen and has opened its 2nd location on Blue Diamond Road near Decatur Boulevard. New offerings include chipotle-braised chicken tinga, roasted cauliflower and mushroom tacos, a summer harvest salad, and BBQ chicken salad. The restaurant is committed to healthy living and features organic, clean eating.
If you would like to submit an item for the new roundup of restaurant news, send an email with details and photos to firstname.lastname@example.org.