The following is the latest restaurant news from around the Las Vegas valley:
1. Ike’s Love & Sandwiches is offering the Kobe Tribute sandwich on Aug. 24 only. It’s made with roast beef, purple slaw, golden BBQ sauce and swiss cheese, all wrapped within Ike’s world-famous Dutch Crunch Bread. They are also offering FREE delivery on Ike’s app Monday. And, there’s still time to score Ike’s BBQ Burnt Ends Sandwich made with premium brisket at all Ike’s locations for $10.
2. The Still is reopening Aug. 27 at The Mirage hotel-casino. The sports destination features more than 50 craft beers and an Airstream trailer that has been turned into a fully-functioning kitchen offering upscale bar food, including nachos, chicken wings, tuna poke, street tacos, mini cheeseburgers, prime steak tip skewers, fish & chips, deep-fried Oreos and fried PB&J.
3. National Burger Day is Aug. 27 and there’s plenty of great burgers in Las Vegas. Both MTO locations are offering 20% off burgers for the day, including the Hangover Burger and BBQ Bacon Burger. The kitchen is also offering a one-day special Teriyaki Burger. Big Jerk offers a special vegan friendly Beyond Meat Jerk burger with pineapple chutney, lettuce, tomato, onion, and vegan cheese. DW Bistro’s NM Chile Burger is made with jack cheese, jalapeño bacon, New Mexican green chiles, lettuce, heirloom tomato and chipotle mayo celebrates New Mexican heritage. Or try the appetizer-sized Turkey Burger Sliders with mango pear apple chutney, a hint of jerk seasoning on soft brioche slider bun & sweet potato fries have just enough of a kick and island spice.
4. China Poblano by Jose Andres at The Cosmopolitan hotel-casino is now offering margaritas to go at their takeout window. The 22-ounce margaritas are served in a souvenir shaker for just $24. Flavors range from coconut and mango to prickly pear and watermelon.
5. Big Sur Oyster Bar is now open at the South Point hotel-casino. New items include the tropical crab cocktail ($19), tempura shrimp served with Asian plum dipping sauce ($19), Big Sur lump crab cake ($28), honey lemon glazed salmon ($21) and more. Oysters of the day are served by the half dozen or dozen and offered at market price. Favorites such as oysters Rockefeller ($17), New England-style lobster roll ($24), pan roasts ($27), fish and chips ($25) are still available. Prices on the all-day menu have been reduced. Now available daily from noon – 4 p.m. is the exclusive items and prices during the “What the Shuck” happy hour. In addition to half-priced raw oysters and clams, diners can also indulge in the Big Sur carbonara ($8.95), pacific coast shrimp rice bowl ($9.95), cajun pasta ($9.95), grilled branzino ($10.95), fish tacos ($11.95) or a salmon burger ($12.95).
6. Sienna Italian Trattoria & Deli in Summerlin has new menu offerings and a family meal deal special for the summer season. New appetizers include salmon and crab meat cakes and Prosciutto e Melone. New entrees include Paccheri Contadina, a sautéed sausage and peppers pasta dish made with fragrant herbs, tomato sauce and a touch of cream, Zuppa Di Pesce with clams, scallops, shrimp, fish of the day and lobster tail in a tomato fish broth, and a pan-seared Filet Mignon served with mashed potatoes and asparagus. The lunch menu features the new Spicy Chicken Gustoso sandwich and the seasonal cocktail offerings is the Milano Spritz. The family meal for $58 features choice of choice of soup or salad, one fresh loaf of bread, one entrée, and dessert. Selections include entrees like freshly made Penne Alla Vodka, Pollo Marsala, Eggplant Parmesan, Salmon Piccata and more. Guests can take advantage of additional specials like a platter of classic Lasagna that serves up to 8 guests for $34, a Sicilian Pizza for $17 and select wine and liquor bottles for 20 percent off.
7. Honey Salt is relaunching its Farm Table dinner series on Sept. 8. The series will launch with the 3rd annual Cape Cod Cookbook Farm Table Dinner. The dinners will look a little different because of new safety protocols. Groups of up to 6 are welcome and all food will be served individually instead of family-style. Due to limited capacity, there is a limited number of tickets available. Tickets are $55 per person with an optional wine pairing for $25. The cookbook will also be on sale for $29.95 and chefs Elizabeth Blau and Kim Canteenwalla will be on hand to sign them.
8. Downtown Terrace at Downtown Container Park has introduced a new happy hour from 4 to 7 p.m. Monday through Friday. The happy hour features 40% off draft beers wines and specialty cocktails and chicken tinga fries, steak nachos, monkey bread and bruschetta for $5 each. They also still have bottomless mimosas and Bloody Marys every day for $16.
9. Bazaar Meat at SAHARA Las Vegas has launched new specials and a Wagyu and brisket burger. Every Sunday, guests can enjoy a cocktail and appetizer special for 2 at bar Centro for $30. The new Wagyu and brisket burger features a blend of Wagyu short rib and brisket, topped with shredded iceberg, special sauce and pub cheese, on a homemade bun. Served with fries and house-made ketchup, this burger is available for $22 in both the restaurant and Bar Centro during operating hours, which are 5 p.m. to 10 p.m. Friday, Saturday and Sunday.
10. Planet Hollywood has reopened inside Forum Shops at Caesars Palace. The menu features appetizers like twice-cooked buffalo wings and fried jumbo shrimp; Asian chicken salad; mushroom, onion and Swiss burgers; roasted half chicken, sesame ginger salmon and Philly cheesesteak; BBQ ribs and fajitas; individual pizzas; and cheesecake and carrot cake. Planet Hollywood also offers plenty of outdoor seating.
11. El Dorado Cantina at Tivoli Village is offering three new fajita platters starting at $55. The surf and turf platter features 4 oz. of USDA Prime filet and 7 oz. of wild lobster with petite potatoes, snap peas, grilled asparagus, and broccolini, presented on a bed of fresh-cut grilled peppers and onions. The lobster fajitas feature two 7 oz. wild lobster tails with petite potatoes, snap peas, grilled asparagus, and broccolini. The prime filet fajitas feature 8 oz. of USDA Prime filet with petite potatoes, snap peas, grilled asparagus, and broccolini. Platters also include cilantro rice and choice of refried or black beans and choice of flour or corn tortillas.
12. Valley Cheese & Wine is offering L’Apero, a charcuterie board and bottle of wine for the set price of $30. The board is curated by national cheese expert Diana Brier and the wine hand-selected by sommelier Solenne Peyronnin. It is offered between 3 and 7 p.m. every Tuesday through Thursday.
13. National Cheese Pizza Day is Sept. 5 and Pop Up Pizza at the Plaza hotel-casino will offer $2 slices of its old-school cheese pizza while supplies last. Limit of two slicers per person.
If you would like to submit an item for a future list, send an email with photos to email@example.com.