A local water park is hosting a singing competition for ages 10-17, and the winner will get a $1,000 scholarship for college.
The 2nd annual Vegas Idol competition at Wet'n'Wild Las Vegas will take place on Saturday, May 26 at 2 p.m.
To enter, kids must submit a video of themselves singing from now through April 30 at 11:59 p.m. local time. You can upload your video here . Videos can also be submitted on Twitter and Instagram with the hashtag #wetnwildidol.
The performance may be a capella or have a backup track, but the singer must be alone. No group or duo video submissions will be accepted.
Other rules include the following:
- Video must be no longer than 4 minutes
- Must not contain nudity or inappropriate language
- Must be submitted in .MOV format
- Must be well lit and able to clearly depict participant in the video
- Must be one single participant in the video
Wet'n'Wild will select 20 singers from the video submissions, and a voting period will be held here from May 3 through May 14 to determine the top 10 finalists. Voting closes at 4 p.m. local time on May 14.
During the live competition on May 26, first and second prize winners will be determined by a panel of judges at the Red Rock Bay wave pool stage.
- $1,000 toward a college savings plan account
- Four Wet'n'Wild Las Vegas Gold Season Passes valued at $109.99 each
Second Prize Runner-Up:
- Tablet valued at up to $200
- Two Wet'n'Wild Las Vegas Silver Season Passes valued at $89.99 each