Here is the latest list of 13 things to do in Las Vegas for the week of July 12 through July 18:
1. Want to meet Hello Kitty? Head to the grand opening of the Hello Kitty Cafe at The Park Las Vegas on July 12. There will be Hello Kitty beverages and sweets! You can also buy Hello Kitty merchandise. READ MORE
2. Enjoy a night of laughs at Jimmy Kimmel’s Comedy Club at The LINQ Promenade. Alonzo Bodden is performing now through July 14. Introduced to America on “Last Comic Standing,” Bodden was runner up on season 2 and came back to win it all on Last Comic Standing season 3 “The Best of the Best.” Bodden can be seen in a number of TV’s top comedy shows including, ABC's “Fresh Off the Boat” and “Dr. Ken."
3. If beer is more your thing, BEER PARK at Paris Las Vegas will host a grand opening celebration from 6 to 9 p.m. on July 12 for its 10,000-square-foot addition, which introduces an indoor area for dining, drinks, karaoke and games to complement the outdoor rooftop bar and grill. The party will be hosted by special guest Shaquille O’Neal.
4. Be the first to try Joseph James Brewing Company's new seasonal dry-hopped berliner weisse, Shower Sour, on July 12 at Evel Pie. The Shower Sour Release and Pizza Party will have pizza and swag giveaways. It starts at 6 p.m.
5. Hungry for knowledge? Check out the artist talk with award winning artist Rodrigo Lara Zendejas at the Marjorie Barrick Museum of Art at UNLV. The event starts at 7 p.m. on July 12 and is free and open to the public.
6. The Downtown Container Park is hosting a beer walk in the park on July 13. Enjoy bottomless beer and live music as you explore the unique shopping center.
7. July 13 begins the single-elimination playoff for NBA Summer League at MGM Resorts. The NBA Summer League consists of all 30 NBA clubs, plus national teams from China and Croatia. Every team is guaranteed five games but only eight teams will advance to the single-elimination playoff.
8. On July 13, Eataly Las Vegas is hosting Oyster Day by celebrating the wonders of the sea with $1 oysters and special classes! Enjoy $1 Saquish Oysters from Island Creek Oysters at their fish counter from 2 to 4 p.m. Then, head over to their Chef's Table for a special pop-up oyster bar from 4 to 7 p.m.
9. Do you like music? The multi-talented Hugh Jackman is performing at MGM Grand Garden Arena on July 13 on his world arena tour, The Man. The Music. The Show. The performance will feature songs from the hit musicals Oklahoma!, The Boy From Oz, Les Miserables, The Greatest Showman and more.
10. If a day club is more your scene, popular hip-hop trio Migos will perform poolside at Drai's Beachclub on July 13. The party starts at 11 a.m.
11. If you like to sing yourself, head to The Space LV on July 14 for Hamiltunes! The All American Sing Along. At this event everyone is a star! This family-friendly sing-along allows you to join professional performers in “My Shot,” “Wait for It,” “The Room Where it Happens,” and all your favorite Hamilton songs. It starts at 7 p.m.
12. On July 17 it's the final show of the Summerlin Sounds Concert Series , with Jeremy Cornwell with Shawn Eiferman performing on The Lawn at Downtown Summerlin. The concert is free and open to the public.
13. Experts in a wide range of fields -- including technology, investing, history, and healthy living -- will be at FreedomFest at Paris Resort from July 17 through July 20. Some featured speakers include Kevin O'Leary from Shark Tank, Penn Jillette, John Stossel, John Mackey (Whole Foods CEO), Stephen Moore (Senior Economist and Head Economic Advisor ro Trump), and more. The event promises 200 speakers and 120 exhibitors.
BONUS EVENT FROM OUR SPONSOR
The USA BMX Las Vegas Nationals are taking place from July 12 through July 14 at the South Point South Point Arena & Equestrian Center.
The 2019 National Season will kick off like usual, at the Short Track Capital of the World; the South Point Hotel, Casino and Arena. BMX short-track racing is super exciting to watch, as there's a ton of action in every turn - and the South Point is the perfect place for good times. Inside the hotel and casino is everything the family needs - games, movies and bowling for the kids, and clubs and gambling for the adults ...not to mention, the awesome pool facility.
Hint: Be sure to catch the Spazmatics on Saturday night!
Race-wise, there's a huge warm-up area (arena), and your pits can be Rental Stalls (for a fee) to store your bikes and gear overnight.