Here is a list of 13 things happening this week in the Las Vegas valley for the week of Jan. 19 through 25:
1. Hussong's Cantina is celebrating its 8th anniversary on Jan. 19. As the official Home of The Original Margarita, Hussong’s Cantina Las Vegas will offer their original margaritas for $8, as well as their grilled corn bites for $.88. The restaurant will also have a rock n’ roll mariachi band playing from 6 to 10 p.m., with a toast celebrating 8 years at 8 p.m.
2. Paint the Town is an annual one-evening only "pop up" fine art exhibit where philanthropists, artists, and art lovers converge to celebrate fine art and give back to their community. It's happening Jan. 20 at Zappos. Proceeds benefit AFAN.
3. Kenny Davidson's Bow Tie Cabaret at Tuscany Suites will feature Chris Hodgson ("50 Shades! The Smash Hit Parody"), Chester Lockhart ("Sex Tips for Straight Women from a Gay Man"), Scheana Shay ("Sex Tips for Straight Women from a Gay Man"), and Enoch Scott ("Zombie Burlesque" on Jan. 19.
4. Steven McCoy will sing Tom Jones' biggest hits at the Italian America Club on Jan. 19. "This Is Tom Jones" will include the songs "It's Not Unusual," "I'll Never Fall in Love," "She's A Lady, What's New Pussycat?" and more.
5. Get ready for a big night of ska music with Mustard Plug, Buck-O-Nine, The Tiki Bandits and Light 'Em Up at Backstage Bar & Billards on Jan. 19. Jr Ska Bass and Selecta Scream of Viva Ska Radio will also be there.
6. South Point is hosting the Findlay Toyota Big City Showdown beginning Jan. 20. The annual tournament is celebrating 10 years of showcasing fierce competition between the top boys' and girls' basketball teams in Las Vegas. The fun begins with Desert Oasis vs. Coronado High School (girls) at 11:30 a.m.
7. Brides-to-be may want to check out the Bridal Spectacular happening Jan. 20 and 21 at the Rio hotel-casino. There will be 2 ballrooms full of wedding pros, trends, fashions and more. Fashion show at 3 p.m. each day.
8. Katy Perry is bring the Witness Tour to T-Mobile Arena on Jan. 20. Perry is reflecting on the changes in her own life and in the world around her. Special guest is Carly Rae Jepsen.
9. Comedian Lil Duval is performing Jan. 20 in The Orleans Showroom. Duval began his career in comedy in Atlanta. His fame skyrocketed after being noticed by Cedric the Entertainer on BET's "Comic View."
10. Put on your favorite pair of leather pants or band T-shirt and head to Distill in Centennial Hills on Jan. 20 for a head-banging '80s rock-themed anniversary party. Dinner buffet, drink specials, live entertainment and costume contest.
11. Head to the Hard Rock Cafe on the Las Vegas Strip for a Tribute to the Beatles from the students at School of Rock Las Vegas West on Sunday. The show is titled "Help." The show is open to all ages.
12. The monthly Community Safety Forum, held in partnership with Las Vegas police and NV Energy, will focus on personal safety and self-defense tips on Jan. 21 at the Mob Museum. Attendees will learn ways to protect themselves in locations where they are most vulnerable, such as public spaces and parking lots. Free, but registration required.
13. Magician Seth Grabel is now performing at Tahiti Village. Grabel's magic is family friendly and feature close-up card wizardry and fun audience participation. He performs every Sunday.
If you would like to submit an item for a future 13 Things list, send an email to email@example.com.