Here are 13 things happening this week in Las Vegas for the week of Dec. 11-17:
1. Yosemite Slam, which is fronted by Justin De Moulin on vocals and bass, will bring its unique cowpunk sound to the Double Down on Dec. 11. They will be playing with Super Zeroes and Nathan Payne & The Wild Boars.
2. Joe Russo's Almost Dead plays some of the most complex songs of the Grateful Dead's repertoire. The band performs Dec. 11 at Brooklyn Bowl.
3. If the outdoors is more your thing, head to Spring Mountain Ranch State Park for the New Moon Hike in the Ash Grove on Dec. 12. Bring water and a flashlight and wear the right shoes. The two-hour hike is appropriate for anyone ages 7 and up.
4. Laura Cosnes, who is best known for her Tony-nominated performances in "Cinderella" and "Bonnie & Clyde," makes her cabaret debut in the Cabaret Jazz Theater at The Smith Center for the Performing Arts on Dec. 11 and 12. She's also performed on Broadway in "Anything Goes," "South Pacific" and "Grease."
5. The Downtown Container Park is celebrating its two-year anniversary on Dec. 12 with free entertainment, photos with Santa, holiday arts and crafts activities, birthday treats at each store, drink specials and a champagne toast, and fun with Drunk Santa and Elfzilla from 9 to 10 p.m.
6. The UFC returns to the MGM Grand Garden Arena on Dec. 12 with an action packed night of fights, including what's being described as the biggest fight of the year: Jose Aldo vs. Conor McGregor. Their previous fight (UFC 189) was rescheduled because of a rib injury suffered by Aldo.
7. The Apple Sisters are in town for one night only for the Las Vegas Happy Holidoozy Merry Christ-Mess Special on Dec. 12 at Art Square Theatre in downtown Las Vegas. The show will also feature a visit from Father Christmas.
8. It's dollar movie night on Dec. 12 at the Sci Fi Center and this week's movie is "A Christmas Story." Stick around after the regular movie for "The Rocky Horror Picture Show" with a live cast. Bring an unwrapped toy or a couple of non-perishable food items and receive $1 off.
9. Puscifer is described as a multifaceted, multimedia, multi-artist and multi-personality project. If you don't know what that means exactly, check them out Dec. 12 inside The Pearl at The Palms. Their most recent album is titled "Money Shot."
10. If you have a gun lover in your life and you are looking for a Christmas present, the Las Vegas Gun Show has you covered. The gun show offers modern guns as well as antique firearms, magazines and clips, laser sights, holsters, reloading supplies, gun accessories and more. The show is taking place Dec. 12 and 13 at the Sports Center of Las Vegas.
11. This year's lineup for X107.5's Holiday Havoc on Dec. 15 at The Joint inside the Hard Rock includes Bastille with special guests Silversun Pickups, Fidlar and The Moth & The Flame. Bastille's independent debut single "Flaws" scored half a million hits on YouTube and the band was signed by Virgin Records. Their song "Pompeii" reached the No. 1 for rock on American radio in 2014.
12. Singer Frankie Moreno, who has been wowing audiences coast-to-coast with his mix of Rat Pack glamor, original and classic hits and vintage funk-infused sounds, is back in the Cabaret Jazz Theater at The Smith Center Dec. 15 for "Under The Influence," where he explores the music that inspires him.
13. The Santa Edition of Down & Derby is going down on Dec. 16 at the Gold Spike. No cover and skate rental is free. Party jams by Supra, Bless & Midnight Affair. Sleepover for just $25 with promo code.
If you would like to submit an item for 13 Things, send a press release to firstname.lastname@example.org.