Here is a list of 13 things to do this week in Las Vegas for the week of Dec. 1-7:
1. The Strung Out Sessions Holiday Show is happening Dec. 1 inside Freedom Beat at Downtown Grand. The show will benefit Nevada Childhood Cancer Foundation. Attendees are asked to bring at least one can of food or an unopened dry good.
2. There is a new show in the famous Cleopatra's Barge at Caesars Palace. "The Cocktail Cabaret"is an upbeat, stylish, intimate musical cabaret-style revue reminiscent of vintage Vegas designed to enhance the cocktail hour experience as a prelude to dinner, the theatre, special event or fun night on the town. Locals will receive two tickets for price of one through Dec. 23 with promo code CKLOCAL.
3. "Snow Child" opens Dec. 1 at Theatre In The Valley. The play tells the story of Russian villagers who believed that a fairy named Babushka would grant every worthy person their special wish for the holiday season. A toymaker and his wife wish for a child.
4. Rob Garrett will sing Neil Diamond's biggest hits during a tribute show Dec. 1 and 2 in the South Point Showroom. Garrett, who is also known for interacting with the crowd, will sing hits including "Sweet Caroline," "Cherry, Cherry," "Hello" and many more.
5. Grammy Award-winner Chip Davis is bringing the Mannheim Steamroller Christmas show back to Las Vegas at The Orleans on Dec. 1. The show will feature Mannheim Steamroller classics, along with dazzling multimedia effects in an intimate setting.
6. SnowJam is back at Cashman Center on Dec. 2 and 3. Deep discounts on new ski and snowboard equipment, free lift tickets, vacation giveaways, and much more.
7. The Las Vegas Soul Festival is happening Dec. 2 at The Orleans. There will be performances, meet and greets, an all-white party, vendors, and more. Featuring Teddy Riley, Guy, Faith Evans, Black Street, Donnell Jones, SWV, Ginuwine, and Jon B.
8. Brody Dolyniuk presents the Symphonic Rockshow in Reynolds Hall at The Smith Center for the Performing Arts on Dec. 3. Dolyniuk performs hits from the 70s and 80s, backed by a full rock band and 21-piece orchestra, conducted by Las Vegas veteran Lon Bronson. The Bella Strings will also perform.
9. Michael Grimm, winner of "America's Got Talent" season five, has joined the weekly entertainment lineup at Tuscany Suites. he performs every Tuesday night in the Piazza Lounge.
10. Atomic Liquors 5th annual Speakeasy Party is happening Dec. 5. Attendees are invited to wear their Prohibition-era best and drink cocktails inspired by an era when booze and bars were illegal. The bar will be entirely boarded up and lightless to appear closed from the outside. You must know the password to get in.
11. X107.5's annual Holiday Havoc is happening Dec. 6 at the Hard Rock Hotel. Performances by Rise Against, Portugal. The Man, Royal Blood, New Politics and Mondo Cozmo. $1 from each ticket will be donated to Nevada SPCA No-Kill Animal Shelter.
12. The American psychedelic blues rock band Chris Robinson Brotherhood performs Dec. 7 at Brooklyn Bowl. The collective's unconventional debut drew attention in 2011 when they performed 50 shows in 9 weeks in the state of California.
13. Piff the Magic Dragon's third annual Piffmas Piff-Tacular returns to Flamingo Las Vegas on Dec. 4. “Piffmas at Piffany's” is about three things and three things only: points, prizes and pummeling the opposition into submission. The evening culminates in the Sale of a Sandwich to benefit a local charity.
If you would like to submit an item for a future 13 Things list, send a press release to firstname.lastname@example.org.