Here is a list of 13 things to do this week around the Las Vegas valley.
1. Las Vegas Ballpark is offering behind-the-scenes tours of its field, home and visitor clubhouses and VIP club level. 4 time slots available on Aug. 7, 14 and 21. Limited capacity.
2. The Gold & Silver Pawn and Pawn Plaza is currently open. “Pawn Stars” is currently filming and at the shop daily. The shop is open 10 a.m. to 5 p.m. Pawn Plaza is open 11 a.m. to 7 p.m. and features Gus Dean’s Ice Cream, Blvd Coffee, Chapels at the Pawn, Rick’s Rollin’ Smoke & BBQ and Chumlee’s Candy on the Blvd. and more.
3. The Laundry Room Takeover is happening Aug. 7 and 8 and Aug. 14 and 15 at the Commonwealth. There will be cocktails, sundaes by Paradise City Creamery and artisanal popcorn. Reservations are required.
4. First Friday is going virtual again this month. This month’s event will feature two new businesses — The Layer Lounge and Alt Revel. The monthly event will also feature many other events in the downtown arts district.
5. The Old Las Vegas Mormon Fort State Historic Park is premiering their new park film on Aug. 8. There will be special showing of the film at 1 p.m. with an opportunity to chat afterward with the film's director, Clint Montgomery. Light refreshments will be served. Seating is limited.
6. Fergusons Downtown is hosting a virtual educational tasting and exploration of white wines from Valley Cheese & Wine on Aug. 9. Hosted buy Diana Brier and featuring pizza from Yukon Pizza. Cost is $70.
7. Zak Bagan’s The Haunted Museum near downtown Las Vegas is still welcoming guests. Current exhibits include the Odd Fellows Exhibit, new items from serial killer Ted Bundy, a ghostbusters exhibit, new haunted dolls, the Devi’s rocking chair and more.
8. The Garden is hosting its first Yappy Hour from 5 to 8 p.m. Aug. 8. The monthly charity event will feature food and cocktails in their garden. Well-behaved pups are welcome. Requested donation is $15 and will benefit Noah’s Animal House this week.
9. Cooking At Home with Bruce Kalman is happening 1-4 p.m. Aug. 12. This is a SecretBurgr.com event. Pick up a cheese and pickle kit before the event. Optional add-ons available, including chicken parmigiana.
10. The Mob Museum is presenting “Untangling the Web: The Kennedys, the Mob and Las Vegas fro 7 to 8 p.m. Aug. 13 at the museum. Limited capacity. Livestream also available.
11. The Neon Museum has announced Pay As You Go every Tuesday for Las Vegas locals. This effort is to welcome fellow locals into the fabulous Neon Boneyard and share the stories of the signs. The museum opens at 4 p.m.
12. Mandalay Bay Shark Reef is open. See more than 2,000 animals, including sharks giant rays, endangered green sea turtles, piranha and a Komodo dragon. Limited capacity. Entry times must be reserved.
13. The Skypod at The STRAT is open and welcoming visitors. Check out the selfie spot, grab a drink or bite to eat, buy a ticket for one of the adrenaline-pumping thrill rides or just relax and enjoy the fabulous views of Las Vegas.
If you would like to submit an item for 13 Things, send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org.