The following is a list of 13 Things To Do This Week In Las Vegas.
1. The Lion Habitat in Henderson is still open and the lions are waiting for you to visit. Don’t forget to stop by to see Ozzie the Giraffe and other animals too. Masks and temperature checks required. Must have reservations. The Lion Habit also encourages visitors to donate to help provide the animals with basic needs. Check out their website for ways you can donate.
2. The REAL BODIES exhibit at Bally’s has reopened with new COVID-19 content. The exhibit now features 3-D printed virus models, a short film and interesting facts about the virus. Educator guides are also available for distance learning field trips.
3. Not only is the view great from the SkyPod at The STRAT hotel-casino, but they have 3 great rides on top of the tower. The X-Scream is a space-age-like teeter-totter; the Big Shop is a 45mph catapult overlooking the Las Vegas valley; and Insanity features a massive mechanical arm extending 64 feet over the edge.
4. First Friday stays virtual for the month of September. Check Instagram TV for pre-recorded messages and activities from the community throughout the night on Sept. 4. First Friday will visit artist Ruben Martinez at his new RM Photo Gallery in Art Square and showcase some art from Boards Up Downtown.
5. Former American Idol contestant Destiny Malibu is hosting an album release party on the La Contessa Yacht at Lake Las Vegas at 7 p.m. Aug. 30. She will perform songs from her 2nd album “Sweet Persuasion.” The event will be available to livestream for free on her website.
6. Vegas Indoor Skydiving is open Thursdays through Saturdays for flights. The Learn to Fly package, which includes personalized instruction, equipment rental and 2 minutes in the wind tunnel, is $75. Suitable for beginners and pros.
7. The Las Vegas Ice Center is now open for figure skating sessions, hockey sessions and public skating sessions. Sessions are limited in size and reservations are required. The Ice Center also offers pilates classes.
8. Grab your Nerf gun and head to LOL Kids Club Las Vegas every Friday between 3:30 and 6:30 p.m. for a Nerf War. The indoor playground also offers food and other special activities for kids.
9. A farmers market is coming to the Henderson Pavilion on Aug. 28 at 9 a.m. There will be organic produce from Rod’s Produce Market, hand crafted food and handmade products.
10. A virtual magic show, “Over The Air: Magic by Vinny Grosso,” is happening Aug. 29 at 5:30 p.m. The unique hour-long interactive show is a fundraiser to benefit The Serving Our Kids Foundation. There are several participation packages available.
11. DW Bistro is offering a hip hop dance class followed by a glass of wine at 6:30 p.m. Aug. 29. Social distancing will be observed and class size will be extremely limited. Class is 45 minutes.
12. Volunteers are needed for the West Las Vegas Community Cleanup in Historic West Las Vegas on Aug. 29. Meet Layer Our Loves nonprofit organization at Ethel Pearson Park at 7 a.m. Gloves and masks required.
13. Volunteers are also needed for a socially-distant park cleanup with Get Outdoors Nevada on Aug. 29 at All American Park on South Buffalo Drive. Meet at 7 a.m. Masks required.
If you would like to submit an item for 13 Things, send an email to email@example.com. Videos and photos welcome.