Here are 13 things to do this week in Las Vegas:
1. The Nutcracker Extravaganza is happening Nov. 29 at DISCOVERY Children's Museum. There will be interactive activities, including dance classes, the chance to make a nutcracker puppet and to watch imitation snow being made.
2. Two rock 'n' roll groups -- New Politics and The Mowgli's -- will take over The Toyota Yard at Topgolf on Nov. 29. New Politics exploded onto the scene with their smash hit "Harlem: and The Mowgli's is the quintessential California band. Tickets are $20.
3. "Dr. Seuss' How The Grinch Stole Christmas" is being presented Nov. 29 through Dec. 1 at The Smith Center for the Performing Arts. The musical features the hit songs "You're A Mean One Mr. Grinch" and "Welcome Christmas" from the original animated series.
4. Clark County Library is hosting one of its most popular event on Nov. 30 -- Celtic Thanksgiving. There will be a full pipe band, Scottish and Irish dancers, Celtic singers, drummers, and a world champion bagpiper. Doors open at 3 p.m.
5. The Celtic Thanksgiving after party is being held at the Cornish Pasty Co. Come hang out with the band and other performers. There will be a raffle for whiskey bottles, a wine tasting package from Total Wine, game tickets, gift cards and more.
6. The Las Vegas Tamale & Mariachi Festival is happening 10 a.m. to 4 p.m. Nov. 30 at Centennial Plaza. Bring the family to enjoy mariachi and folklorico performances and taste some of the best tamales and Mexican antojitos in town. Tequila and beer tasting available for a fee.
7. Elmo, Abby, Justin, Cookie Monster and Big Bird are starring in "Sesame Street Live: Make Your Magic" this weekend at Orleans Arena. Performances Nov. 30 and Dec. 1. Elmo learns that you can do anything you set your mind to if you just keep trying in this latest production.
8. Pour In the Alley presents Whisky in the Alley from 7 to 10 p.m. Nov. 30. There will be more than 30 whiskeys, special presentations by whiskey professionals, cocktails, live music, food and more in the alley across from Fergusons Downtown.
9. Big Dog's Brewing Company is hosting Small Brewery Sunday on Dec. 1. They are offering 25% off of Big Dog's bottles and cans.
10. Evel Pie on East Fremont Street is celebrating its 3rd anniversary on Dec. 1 with performances by the legendary punk band The Dickies and performances by JERK! and Crimson Riot. Free pizza and beer. Please RSVP on the restaurant's Facebook page.
11. Eureka! and CraftHaus Brewery is hosting a beer pairing dinner on Dec. 2 at Eureka! in downtown Las Vegas. The four-course dinner is complete with some of the most popular Eureka! items and brews from CraftHaus. Menu highlights include crispy Brussels sprouts, strawberry salad, bison burger slider and bourbon barrel cake. $45 per person.
12. Benny the Ice Skating Dog is making an appearance Dec. 4 at The Ice Rink at the Cosmopolitan hotel-casino. Benny is a rescue dog who enjoys skating. For every skate rental during the event, $2 will be donated to The Animal Foundation.
13. The Mob Museum is celebrating Repeal Day on Dec. 5. There will be a party in The Underground speakeasy with handcrafted cocktails, tasty bites, live jazz and a costume contest.
BONUS EVENT FROM OUR SPONSOR -- SOUTH POINT
The world’s No. 1 tribute to the Bee Gees, Stayin’ Alive, returns to the South Point Showroom for a night of music and dancing. Stayin’ Alive captures the excitement of the Bee Gees with the band’s top hits, including “Night Fever,” “How Deep is Your Love,” “You Should Be Dancing” and more. Doors open at 6:30 p.m. Tickets start at $30.