Here is a list of 13 things to do related to this year's Life is Beautiful festival in downtown Las Vegas:
1. Wiz Khalifa performs at the official pre-party on the Doritos' Blaze Stage on Sept. 20 at The Foundry at SLS Hotel. The Blaze Stage is the culmination of Doritos’ “Blaze The Beat” competition, a fiery battle led by coach and mentor Busta Rhymes with Doritos to discover hip-hop’s next chart-topper. Special guests Goldlink, London on da Track and Taylor Bennett.
2. The Downtown Grand will host the official Life is Beautiful pool series Sept. 21-23. Live music by Cold War Kids, Sir Sly and Elderbook.
3. The Plaza is hosting pool parties on Sept. 22 and 23 starting at noon at the rooftop pool. A DJ will provide music and entertainment all day as guests relax poolside enjoying cocktails and food from the Plaza’s onsite food truck. The parties are free, but guests must be 21 or older to attend.
4. Stop by BACARDÍ Bay at Atomic Liquors during Life is Beautiful for exclusive cocktails, an outdoor patio with Caribbean-inspired sounds, shaded areas to cool off, unique art and more. Fans can enjoy artists such as Miguel, Travis Scott, T-Pain, Santigold, Odesza and more performing on the BACARDÍ #SoundofRum Stage. h
5. Head to Detox to Retox at 11 a.m. Sept. 22 at The Plaza. Attendees (21 and over) begin with a free 60 minute Vinyasa Flow Yoga Class from the Real Results Gym at the Plaza on the rooftop pool deck with a DJ providing music during the session. Guest can then enjoy “Detox to Retox” drink specials, including $6 mimosas and Bloody Marys.
6. The B-Boy Showdown and Red Bull Dance Your Style! battle it out at Life is Beautiful by taking over the Downtown Container Park on Sept. 23. This new street dance competition format has the best dancers in the region compete for glory.
7. Toyota will feature three on-site activations for festival guests to experience: the Toyota Music Den, which is an official stage of Life Is Beautiful and serves as a hub for festival artist performances and giveaways such as custom hats, commemorative bandanas, and flowers for hair/beard designs. At Toyota’s EXHIBIT Love, take a seat in the JBL Soundwave Studio to etch a personal sound wave onto an enamel pin, grab a scoop of ice cream in a Toyota branded waffle cone, engrave the destination coordinates of a friend or loved one on a key-shaped charm piece, or pick up a co-branded, commemorative silkscreen tote. At the Toyota Sienna Festivan Wonderland Presented by Sirius XM, guests can escape the bustle of the festival and relax in an immersive space that celebrates the #vanlife movement featuring a distinct vibe and fun activities inspired by the vibrant and wild atmosphere of Marfa, Texas.
8. The Official Bacardi "Sound of Rum" after parties will take place every night after the festival. Nightmare will be featured Sept. 21 at Hakkasan; DJ set by St. Vincent at Gold Spike on Sept. 22; Marshmello at XS inside the Wynn on Sept. 23; and ASAP FERG at Marquee Nightclub inside The Cosmopolitan on Sept. 24.
9. Life is Beautiful after parties are also taking place at The Plaza. Free outdoor dance parties at the Plaza Garden on Sept. 21, 22 and 23. Doors open at 11 p.m. Live music and DJ playing current hits, including Top 40 pop and hip hop favorites. Full bar.
10. Therapy restaurant will be offering several food and drink specails during Life is Beautiful. They include fried mac and cheese balls ($10), loaded fries with parmesan cheese, bacon and truffles ($7), chicken meatballs ($10), draft beer, well shots and cocktails ($5) and a variety of housemade boozy popsicles named Notter Pops ($5).
11. The Cookout is making its Life is Beautiful debut and will feature Chef Justin Kingsley from the Kitchen at Atomic, Brian Howard from Sparrow + Wolf, Johnny Church with Golden Entertainment, Vincent Rotolo with Good Pie and others. The Cookout area will be located near the Huntridge Stage on festival grounds.
12. The Mob Museum is offering LIB attendees 50 percent off museum admission and 50 percent off their Underground speakeasy tabs (up to $50) when they show their festival wristbands between Sept. 21 and 23. The speakeasy will also offer a special cocktail named La Vita el Bella all weekend. It combines peach tea-infused, house-distilled moonshine with Italian amaretto and hints of rose petal and herbs, the specialty libation was concocted to encourage revelers to make a toast to life.
13. This year's Life is Beautiful murals were created by Retna, Lakwena, Egle Zvirblyte, Retna, Aware, Sebas Velasco and Sado. The Crime on Canvas art exhibit is returning for its 3rd year and will allow attendees to view and purchase unique artwork. Artists featured in this year's exhibit include Mark Ryden, Brandon Boyd, Paul Frank, Norman Reedus and more.
Click here for more information about Life is Beautiful.