The following is a roundup of restaurant news from around the Las Vegas valley:
1.SecretBurger presents Chef Khai & Friends Feast 1.0, Steak Edition with special guests, Chef Justin Kingsley Hall of Main St Provisions, Chef Brian Howard of Sparrow + Wolf, Jared Montarbo, Guy Crims of Niku Butcher Shop, and Claudia Andracki of Desert Bloom Eco Farm on June 10. Guests can experience 10 courses from the best of the best, menu details coming soon. Tickets are $180 per guest, sales end June 5. A portion of the proceeds will benefit No Kid Hungry.
2. Grimaldi’s Coal Brick-Oven Pizzeria is launching its summer menu on June 11. New menu items include barbecue chicken pizza, a strawberry spinach salad, blueberry cheesecake, strawberry cheesecake, summertime sangria and watermelon mules.
3. Public School Restaurant + Bar has kicked off the summer season with a bang. They’ve added several new menu items including Southwest Chicken Bowl and Crispy Fish Tacos, Cast Iron Chicken, Hot Mess Sandwich and Pig & Pineapple Pizza. In addition, the Ahi Tuna Poke Bowl is a lighter dish prepared with mixed greens, quinoa, avocado, cucumber, carrots and a sweet rice vinaigrette and guests can now enjoy the Impossible Burger at Public School.
4. The Burger of the Month at LVB Burgers & Bar is the Italian Burger ($17). It is made with with salami, pepperoni, capicola, mozzarella cheese, spiced tomato relish and basil, available only during the month of June. The feast continues with LVB’s Burger & Beer Combo, which includes the sandwich paired with an Alaskan Brewing Co. Alaskan White beer and a side of fries ($26).
5. Hard Rock Cafe is introducing its most extensive menu innovation in the company’s history on June 14. The new menu will feature all-new steak burgers including The 24-Karat Gold Leaf Steak Burger. Through the Hard Rock Heals Foundation, a portion of all proceeds from the 24-Karat Gold Leaf Steak Burger™ will benefit Action Against Hunger to assist in the fight against world hunger. Other burgers include The Original Legendary Burger, The Big Cheeseburger, Double Decker Double Cheeseburger and BBQ Bacon Cheeseburger. The Las Vegas location will host a Burgers & Beats event on June 14 to introduce the new burgers.
6. All summer long guests can enjoy a three-course menu inspired by seasonal summertime favorites at Camelot Steakhouse inside the Excalibur hotel-casino. The menu features a Watermelon Feta Salad to start, choice of Smoked Bone-in Short Rib or Smoked and Chargrilled Salmon and Summer Peach Cobbler for dessert. Offered through Sept. 2. Cost is $45 per person plus tax and gratuity.
7. Celebrate 595 Craft and Kitchen’s 2nd anniversary on June 15 from 12 to 5 p.m. at the beloved Spring Valley pub. The $50 ticket to the party will include five rare beers pours, a menu items from the special Anniversary Menu, entry into 595’s bottle share and raffle, and more. Tickets are available by calling 595 at 702-586-1050.
10. JW Marriott Las Vegas Resort & Spa is hosting an excluding bourbon pairing dinner in partnership with Woodford Reserve Distillery on June 15 in the Parian Ballroom. Menu highlights include smoked Gouda stuffed mushrooms and bourbon BBQ shrimp, chilled Maine lobster, Louisville short ribs with potato lasagna and Belgian dark chocolate brûlée and sticky toffee pudding. Cost is $99 per person and includes all bourbon parings.
11. The Burger of the Month for June at Michael Mina’s PUB 1842 is The Atomic Burger. The burger ($22) is piled high with an 8-oz. Angus beef patty, pepper jack cheese, chipotle cheese sauce, fried jalapenos and grilled pineapple, served with BBQ-seasoned fries. The Atomic Burger can be complemented with an Able Baker Atomic Duck beer ($10).
13th annual Las Vegas Restaurant Week
begins June 17. Dozens of some of the best restaurants in Las Vegas will participate. A portion of the proceeds will benefit Three Square food bank. Chef Robert Irvine will kick off Restaurant Week with the Summer Cookout at the Tropicana on June 13. Menu highlights for the evening will include Wagyu beef sliders with a Public House sauce and micro watercress; hickory smoked dry rubbed baby back ribs with a Public House BBQ sauce; hamachi poke parfait with unagi sauce; baby tomato and creamy burrata with balsamic pearls; an assortment of mini pizzas; chocolate and orange pops, and more. Meals during Restaurant Week range in price from $20 for breakfast and lunch to $80 for dinner.
13. Guests are invited to take a deep dive into one of the most celebrated Italian cocktails during a Negroni-making class and tasting experience led by guest beverage expert, the Modern Mixologist Tony Abou-Ganim, on June 21. During the Sip & Savor event , Eataly will celebrate 100 years of negroni, telling the story of the iconic cocktail and its origins. Guests will have the opportunity to make two unique cocktails alongside Abou-Ganim while enjoying a selection of perfectly paired bites. Attendees also will receive take-home recipe cards as a souvenir. Cost is $60 per person.
If you would like to submit an item for a future 13 Tastes list, send an email with details and photos to email@example.com.