The following is a list of 13 things happening around the Las Vegas valley this week:
1. The 12th annual Las Vegas Barrett-Jackson car auction is back this weekend at Mandalay Bay. There will be hundreds of fabulous cars and various automobilia available for purchase. Car lovers will also have the chance to drive a new Dodge Challenger and new Dodge Charger.
2. The 6th annual RiSE Festival is happening Oct. 4-6 at the Jean Dry Lake Bed in the Mojave Desert. There will be performances by Ry X and other live artists prior to the lantern release. There will also be fireworks and food and drinks available for purchase.
3. Las Vegas BikeFest is also back in town this weekend. There will be dozens of bikes on display, multiple vendors, biker bingo, a poker walk, a poker run, a tattoo show, live entertainment, food and beverages available for purchase and more.
4. The City of North Las Vegas' Movie Madness series will feature a showing of "Christopher Robin" on Oct. 4 at Eldorado Park. Food and drinks will be available for purchase. Coolers, picnic baskets and blankets are welcome. No alcohol, high-back chairs, tables or umbrellas.
5. Billy Idol is back starting Oct. 4 at The Palms. His performances feature material from throughout his career, including when he fronted the seminal British punk band Generation X and the mega hits such as "Rebel Yell," "White Wedding" and "Dancing With Myself." Performances include Oct. 4 and 5 and Oct. 9, 11 and 12.
6. The Llama Lot in downtown Las Vegas is hosting a family-friendly Oktoberfest celebration. There will be live entertainment, crafts, a yodeling contest, a bounce house, and beer.
OTHER OKTOBERFEST CELEBRATIONS
7. PKWY Flamingo is inviting runners and beer lovers to participate in their first ever Beer Run on Oct. 5. The 5K run and one-mile beer run will begin at 8 a.m. During the Beer Run, participants will receive a 12 oz. can of beer every quarter mile that must be finished before moving on to the next.
8. The annual Aloha Fall Festival is happening at the Silverton hotel-casino. There will be great food, a large carnival, live music and vendors.
9. The 8th annual Reading Rainbow is happening from 11 a.m. to 1:30 p.m. Oct. 5 at Valley View Park in North Las Vegas. Every child will receive free books donated by the local business community. There will also be free food, games, live entertainment and prizes.
10. A free blues concert, hosted by Commission Vice Chairman Lawrence Weekly, is happening Oct. 5 in the amphitheater at the Clark County Government Center. performances by comedian Red Grant, Walter Waiters, DJ Ronnie O and DJ Thump. John Mull's Roadkill Grill and food trucks will provide food and beverages. Free admission.
11. Picnic in the Alley is happening Oct. 6 at Fergusons Downtown. Hosted by SecretBurger.com. The event is designed to celebrate food, the women behind the food and the women who tie it all together. A portion of the ticket price will benefit Dress for Success Southern Nevada.
12. Learn how to do the Bootlegger Boogie on Oct. 7 in the speakeasy at the Mob Museum. A different dance is taught each month. This month's dance is the Charleston -- one of the Prohibition Era's most popular, fast-paced styles of dance. Free entry.
13. Vicki Barbolak's Trailer Park Tuesdays kick off this week at Jimmy Kimmel's Comedy Club at The LINQ Promenade. Barbolak was a top 10 finalist on season 13 of "America's Got Talent." Barbolak lived in a trailer for more than 25 years. She's also an ordained minister.
BONUS EVENT FROM OUR SPONSOR, SOUTH POINT
Former NBC “Saturday Night Live” star, Norm Macdonald, returns to the South Point Showroom stage for an evening of hilarious standup marked by his unmistakable comedy style. Besides standup comedy acts, Macdonald is best known for popular roles on ABC’s “Roseanne,” ABC’s “The Drew Carey Show” and NBC’s “NewsRadio.” Perfomances Oct. 4-6 in the showroom.