Check out this week's list of 13 things to do in the Las Vegas valley for the week of July 17 through 23. Because of the current coronavirus pandemic, events may be canceled unexpectedly. Please check with the venue.
1. Las Vegas Mini Gran Prix offers go-kart racing, rides and slides, an arcade and food and drink. It's family-friendly and affordable.
2. McMullan’s Irish Whiskey Club will meet July 17 and 18 this month. This moth’s featured flavors from Teeling, West Cork and Powers. Social distancing and masks mandatory. Reservations required.
3. Wet ’n’ Wild is showing movies every Friday night. This week's movie is “The Lego Movie: The Second Part.”
4. Betty’s Bistro is offering an authentic Sri Lankan Street Biryani Dinner on July 18. Menu includes seasoned rice, roasted chicken leg, boiled fried egg, a special salad, and mint sambol. Limited dine-in, takeout and delivery.
5. Head to Cowabunga Bay for Friends & Family Fridays. Free parking, free movie and family meal deals.
6. If you are looking for a way to beat the heat indoors, head to the Mob Museum in downtown Las Vegas. You can purchase timed-entry tickets online.
7. Head to the Las Vegas Natural History Museum and discover the wonders of the world. The new “In The Dark” exhibit features caves, the deep sea and the forest at night.
8. American Adventure Tours is offering RZR, ATV and dirt bike tours just 30 minutes south of the Las Vegas Strip in Jean. They are offering 10% off to locals with valid ID.
9. “The Meg” is the featured movie at this Monday’s Dive-In Movies Night at the Boulevard Pool at The Cosmopolitan.
10. The Food Truck Frenzy continues at Sunset Park on July 20 from 4 to 8 p.m. Social distancing guidelines will apply. No on-site tables or chairs will be available.
11. Cooking at Home with Vincent Rotolo from Good Pie is happening 2 p.m. July 22. The Classic Cheese Stromboli kit (feeds 4) is $25. Hosted by SecretBurger.com.
12. A drive-thru farmers market is happening at 2 to 6 p.m. July 23 at Skye Canyon. Fresh and organic produce, hand-crafted food and handmade products.
13. The Nevada Conservation League is offering the chance to learn about native plants and animals every Wednesday night during a Facebook LIVE.
If you would like to submit an item for 13 Things, send a press release to firstname.lastname@example.org.