Heading into the warmer months, more people will be using swimming pools, which could also present an electrocution danger.
Faulty wiring can increase electrocution dangers. Safety experts said many pools are only inspected by an electrician when they first open for the season.
A teen was killed at a community pool in North Carolina last summer. Her family has sued, claiming her death was caused by allegedly substandard work of two Raleigh companies.
According to the Consumer Product Safety Commission, 14 people have died by electrocution in swimming pools between 2003 and 2014.